Posts Tagged ‘Hearth & Hand Magnolia’
I think we can all agree, we feel pretty special when we open are eyes and are greeted in bed with a bed tray filled with your favorite breakfast foods. You know it’s going to be a good morning! When it comes to the weekends, we pretty much know at our house if we have plans for the day or not. We love it when we get to sleep in, have a great breakfast in bed, then snuggle up and watch Netflix. Oh, how we enjoy a lazy Saturday or Sunday.
Last week while shopping at Target, I found this Hearth & Hand Breakfast Bed Tray Set and was attracted to the details of this set. The solid wood tray with leather handles includes 10 paper placemats, 10 paper menus, and a ‘love you’ banner. I’m mean how cute is that, right?! I don’t think you have to wait for a special occasion to surprise your better half with breakfast in bed. While the tray is not large enough to serve two, it can fit two small salad plate size dishes and two cups of coffee.
For all you guys out there, how special would it be to have your child(ren) greet mom this Mother’s day and surprise her with a plate full of delicious breakfast in bed?!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
BREAKFAST IS SERVED: MAGNOLIA HEARTH & HAND ANTIQUE TOAST SERVER AND MY GARDEN-STYLE OMELETTE RECIPE
Sunday afternoon, I was watching back-to-back episodes of HGTV’s Fixer Upper and there were two home renovations that had me dreaming of what I wanted included in a new house. I love that they are sharing the farmhouse look through their collaboration of a home and lifestyle product line with Target. I’ve purchased some items back in December and was excited about Chip and Joanna Gaines newly released spring collection! They have impressed me yet again! My favorite item from their Hearth & Hand spring collection at Target is this Antique Toast Server.
A throwback to a vintage toast rack, it has a center curved handle on the top of rack which is meant for carrying and passing round the table to your guests. What I like about this particular one is the double condiment containers and brass lids – perfect for adding your favorite jams. Additionally, it has a tray to catch all the crumbs. It would make a wonderful addition to your breakfast table and a great way to serve at a brunch for family and friends.
Over the weekend, I made my garden-style omelette filled with fresh tomatoes, red onions, a side of sliced avocados and garnished with cilantro. It’s so tasty and simple to make! Check out the recipe below. Have a great morning!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1½ tbsp, Red Onions, diced
- Tomatoes Medley (includes yellow, orange, and red), sliced in halves
- 4, Eggs
- ⅓ cup, Milk
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnishing
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add the butter. Once it starts to sizzle (don't let it brown), add the onions. Cook the onions until soft and fragrant, then add tomatoes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir for 1-minute and then pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Cook without stirring until egg mixture begins to set. Run a spatula around the edges of the skillet lifting edges so uncooked eggs flows underneath. Cook until egg mixture is set. Use your spatula to lift and fold an edge of the omelette.
- Cut the folded omelette in half and slide off onto each plate.
- Top omelette with cilantro, optional and serve with a side of sliced avocados. If you want to add cheese to this omelette, Queso Fresco would be a delicious addition.
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez