Posts Tagged ‘favorite finds’
Happy Friday, everyone! I was recently invited as a guest by Table Magazine to attend a release signing cookbook event by wellness coach and author, Lindsey Smith (stay tuned – I’ll be sharing a post on that next week!). As part of my ‘Friday’s Favorite Finds’ blog post series, I wanted to first share with you a few of my favorite finds from the beautifully curated shop the event was hosted at… House 15143, located in Sewickley, PA. After living in PA for nearly 10+ years, I have never visited this borough…shameful, isn’t it! Upon arriving to Sewickley village, I was impressed by the large beautiful homes (that’s the HGTV part of me) and the quaint downtown area filled with restaurants and boutique stores (I felt like I stepped into a Hallmark movie set!) I can’t wait to return to Sewickley because we went during the evening hours, so it was quite dark outside.
The lovely ladies, Danielle and Kristin are the owners of this stylish, chic and modern shop. I just love, love, love boutique stores that carry home decor, entertaining essentials and unique gifting and House 15143 was just that and more! If you’re looking for graphic art prints – look no further, they have a wide selection of prints to choose from that suit your personality. If you’re in need of something custom, no problem, they have an in-house graphic designer who can design and create it for you. In addition to the unique products they sell, they also offer decorating services and host cooking classes in their in-house kitchen, featuring local chefs and restaurants! If you live in the Pittsburgh or surrounding areas, you can view their upcoming events, here.
Check out below for my favorite finds that I purchased and a glimpse inside House 15143 via a video snippet I created, at the end of this post.
I was pretty obsessed with all the eye candy that surrounded me as I stepped foot into House 15143. The first thing I noticed was the large floor-to-ceiling display of luxury candles. You guys know how obsessed I am with scented soy candles, so it was no surprise that one of them was going home with me! As you’ve noticed from the pictures above, I snagged a few other items:
- Candle-Match Bottles. An apothecary jar with a built-in, strike-on-bottle design that also features a printed message on the bottle. I also a tall glass bottle with cork top that includes oversized candle matches. Pairing these candle match bottles with your scented candles is a convenient and beautiful way to display on your coffee table.
- A Luxury Scented Candle. There was a wide selection of fragrant candles to choose from and ultimately, I went with a Sydney Hale Co. candle. The scent reminds me of summers at the beach which was probably purposeful, since the name of the scent is ‘Sweet Water’! I’m looking forward to lighting this candle after the winter months have passed.
- Prosecco Cocktails Recipe Book. Since I love to entertain this cocktail recipe book is perfect for when hosting a brunch – after all Prosecco cocktails and brunch go hand-in-hand! I’ll be sure to share recipes with you on the blog so that you can try them at home too!
- Brass-plated Wine Bar Sign. I haven’t shared this with you yet but I have recently turned our bar cart into wine cart. When I saw this Wine Bar sign, I knew it would be a perfect addition to the bar cart. I’m going to have to think of a creative way of displaying it since it is meant to be screwed into a wall or cabinetry. Stay tuned for this!
- Tea Towel. With Valentine’s day just around the corner, I was smitten with the tea towel that an illustration of a tree with a red heart hanging from one of the branches. The message on the tea towel reads: ‘ love grows here’. I have another tea towel that was gifted with a purchase of Lyndsey’s cookbook. It read
- Wooden Serving Board. Ok, you guys, I’ve been searching high and low for a large wooden serving board and I was ecstatic when I saw this one! At-home entertaining just got more fun – look out for an epic charcuterie and cheese board…a future ‘how-to’ blog post! I can’t wait to use this massive woodend display board.
- Beverage Napkins. I collect a variety of bev napkins to have readily available for any occasion and I couldn’t resist the black and white stripe ‘Cheers’ ones that I picked up.
Whenever I can, I like to support local shops and I’m happy I found another store I foresee visiting frequently!
*This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
-Photos + video by Rose Angel Lopez
Happy Friday, guys! It’s a gloomy day with lots of rain today. I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather but working through it, the best I can. I’ll be taking it easy this weekend. Whatever plans you have for the weekend, hope it’s a good one! Enjoy my favorite finds from around the web…
via: Bauble Bar
Loving the light and delicate look of this Patrinia Choker Set.
via: Hello Delicious
We all know how marble is all the rage and is trending in both fashion and home decor. How about home accessories too – like these marble printed oven pot holder set.
via: Half Baked Harvest
Oh, a must try Apple Butter Cinnamon French Toast Sticks recipe to make this weekend!
via: SkySight Photography
When my friend Autumn of SkySight Photography told me about a Beauty and the Beast inspired family engagement shoot, I was more than happy to assist with some styling ideas and a few of my props to use that would work well. To see the full feature, click here!
Happy Friday! The weather is supposed to be beautiful here in PA this weekend – hope it will feel the same where you are. Have a great one and enjoy my favorite finds!
I’m always on the hunt for seasonal candles and The Little Market has so many fall scented hand-poured candles to choose from.
I’ve seen cozy window seating benches before but this stunning install is ah-mazing!!
via Pottery Barn
These lustrous gold bowls have me swooning with delight!
I’m always ordering from Cordelia of Formulary Fifty Five – her natural shea butter soaps are my absolute favorite for guests (and us of course) to use in our powder room. How about a touch of Halloween…main fragrance notes are amber combined with myrrh, vanilla, and Egyptian musk. French lavender is added to sweet up the mix.
Happy Friday! What are your plans this weekend? It’s definitely looking like fall outside my window this morning. As I sit typing this post, I look across to the window and see the sun shining and the light softly hitting the top of the tree where the leaves have already turned from green to yellow. Ahhh, autumn! Speaking of autumn, check back next week as I will be sharing a couple of seasonal tabletops like my halloween inspiration tablescape and a fall one too!
Have a wonderful weekend, guys! Enjoy my favorite finds from around the web…
These gold Hexagonal Pillar Candleholders would make a stunning and dramatic table centerpiece!
via Lauren Conrad
Mmm…this Coconut Brioche French Toast looks delish – definite must-try!
Love the colors of this Abstract Mosaic Scarf and it would be perfect on top of a cream or lilac colored lightweight fitted v-neck knit.
via A Bubbly Life
These decorated DIY Floral Eucalyptus Pumpkins look so adorable.
Happy Friday! Can you believe today is the last day of September? Fall is definitely in the air here in PA, as each day the temperature outside is getting cooler. I welcome this lovely change of season as we get cozy.
Tune in next week on the blog as I celebrate my 3-year blogiversary! I’ll have a fun giveaway and will be recap some of my post popular posts. In addition to that, I will be sharing with you my DIY fall door wreath tutorial. Until then, have a great weekend and enjoy a few of my favorite finds!
Florist designer, Teressa Johnson shares pics of her casual but lovely tabletop setting and shares her fall entertaining tips.
via The Zoe Report
One of my favorite actresses is Sarah Jessica Parker and I’m super excited to watch her in the new HBO show, ‘Divorce’. Watch the trailer, here!
How pretty are these gilded agate card holders?!
I’m so happy for Erin of Elements of Style who will be launching her home accessory line October 5th! That throw is calling my name!