Posts Tagged ‘drink recipe’
Who could resist pretty pink drinks, especially when they have an ombre hue?! Inspired by ‘ladies celebrating ladies’ on Galentine’s day, I adapted Ina Garten’s New York Egg Cream recipe, by substituting the chocolate syrup she used for strawberry syrup. Perfect for Galentine’s (or even to celebrate a ‘It’s a Girl’ baby shower), serve up this cherry strawberry flavored drink in a wine glass. And whether you opt to spike it or not, enjoy this drink alongside your favorite Valentine’s day dessert!
- ½ cup, Cold Whole Milk or half-and-half
- 1¼ cup, Ice Cold Club Soda or Seltzer Water
- 3 tbsp, Hershey's Strawberry Syrup
- Pour the milk in a wine glass. While beating the milk vigorously with a fork with one hand, use your other hand to slowly add club soda or seltzer water, allowing a foamy head to form.
- To create an ombre effect, pour strawberry syrup and do not stir. Or you can gently stir from the bottom until just combined.
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez