Like me, I’m sure many of you dashed to your local Target store to check out the launch of holiday and home products by Hearth & Hand with Magnolia! Gotta love Chip and Joanna Gaines! I was pretty stoked about their collaboration with Target because I had a good feeling about the products that we would see.
Since we are officially in the holiday season, I am sharing my roundup of holiday favorites for your home that are not only festive but cozy items to use for the cold weather season too!
1. Artificial Juniper Wreath with Bell – based on my social media feed, I think it’s safe to say we will all have these wreaths hanging in our home! I love how simple yet pretty it is!
2. Light Up House Stocking Holder – These adorable houses will look on any fireplace mantel.
3. Ceramic House Tealight Candle Holder – I actually purchased these from Targets dollar section – they would make great centerpieces for a holiday tablescape!
4. Snowflakes Napkin Ring Set – I have my eye on these! I envision using these for an all-white winter themed tablescape.
5. House Lantern Medium – Gold – Place a battery operated pillar candle and I think these would look great styled on the floor beside a fireplace or by the front door under a covered porch.
6. House Lantern Large – Gold – pair this with the medium-sized one for some impact.
7. Serving Platter – a festive platter to serve holiday cookies!
8. Coaster Set – These are great for using on your dining room table or on your coffee table in your living room.
9. Jingle Bells Napkin Ring Set – love how festive these are!
10. Knit Throw Blanket – a cozy throw to keep your warm this winter
11. Stoneware Let It Snow Mug – hot chocolate anyone?
12. Round Woven Basket – I purchased this basket and housed all my throws. It’s a convenient way for any of our overnight guests to take from.
I love how a fragrant candle can warm up any room in your home and can be used to enliven a room with a delicious, natural scent!
No matter what time of the year, I will always have a scented candle flickering in our home. However, when it comes to the fall and winter seasons, I especially like to rack up on candles, mainly for the transformative scents of the holiday seasons! After the thanksgiving holiday, our house is typically scented with the fragrance of frasier fir, reminiscent of the scent of a freshly cut Christmas tree! Stay tuned for my holiday scented candle picks, coming up on the first week of December!
Mostly all of my candles are purchased from TJMaxx, Marshalls, or HomeGoods. All the scented candles that I’m sharing with you today, can be used for anytime of the year and they all came from HomeGoods. They have such a variety of scented candles (which are reasonable priced), housed in reusable glass containers that can later be used for flowers or trinkets, once the candle is gone.
Let’s take a look at a few of my current favorite candles for your home!
Levitate Luxury Scented Candle ‘ Milk & Honey':
Complete with a coordinating lid, this gold ombre toned candle, is designed to be gorgeous! This luxury scented candle has a light, yet sweet scent with notes of milk and honey…perfect for a master or guest bathroom.
Cereria Terenzi Evelinio – Le Coloniali ‘Amber':
Made in Italy, this scented candle has notes of amber. It is not overly woodsy, like some amber scented candles smell. One sniff of this candle and you automatically feel a sense of relaxation! This candle is perfect for burning in a master bedroom or guest bedroom.
DW Home ‘Peppered Citrus':
This hand poured fragrant candle has a spicy peppered citrus blend…perfect for the kitchen. Anytime we cook something that can leave a lingering cooking odor, i.e. garlic or onions, we can depend on this candle to eliminate those types of smells!
Cereria Terenzi Evelino ‘Cinnamon Orange’
Another candle made from Italy, is this cinnamon orange scented candle. I love that is does not have an overbearing fruity scent. From the first sniff, you smell the main note of cinnamon and the note behind, is the orange. Another favorite for burning in the kitchen.
If you’re looking for a scented candle and are in HomeGoods, perhaps one of the above candles will be available in your local store. So take a sniff and see if you agree!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving day is only 3 weeks away! With all the preparation involved, if there’s one thing you can prepare ahead of time, that’s your tablescape. If you will be hosting Thanksgiving this year and need some tablescape inspiration, keeping reading!
Give thanks in style and see how you can create this white & gold Thanksgiving tablescape. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen a sneak peek of the video I posted of this tablescape. Today, I’ll share how you can bring the unexpected elegance to the table by combining simple elements that sets the festive mood as you welcome your guests to the dinner table. Best of all, you may already own most of the items needed to recreate this table look!
Get the Look…
Infuse your thanksgiving table with a sense of glamorous sophistication! The clean and crisp white gave the table a classic feel and adding gold, gave a touch of shine and twinkle to the table – the duo color palette accentuates the elegant look.
Table Linen & Dinner Napkins:
- To help set the scene for a gathering with friends and family, I kept it simple, yet classy and elegant. Start off by dressing your table with a white tablecloth (I purchased mine from, here) and use coordinating dinner napkins. I placed the top portion of each dinner napkin underneath each dinner plate and let the remaining gently hang over the table.
- For your table setting, you will want to coordinate your look with gold-rimmed dinnerware, flatware and glassware. Let’s start out with the dinnerware. I found these stunning dinner plates and bowls from Home Goods. Guys, it was love at first sight!! If you don’t own gold-rimmed dinnerware, check these out from Dollar Tree! They sell them in a bulk of 12 which is great when hosting a large crowd!
- This past summer, for my birthday present, my mom, sister, and significant other, each purchased me these beautifully designed Lekoch white and gold flatware from Amazon, so that I can have a set of eight. When pairing these two items together, it gave off a sleek and luxurious look!
- For the wine and water glasses, I used my antique gold-rimmed ones I had for a while now. If you are looking for vintage gold-rimmed wine glasses, hop on over to Etsy, many sellers have a variety of styles available to purchase. Otherwise, you can find them here or here.
- Creating this table requires little tasks that can help you tackle! No flowers required on this table…no need to stop at the grocery store or the florist. If you want flowers, save those arrangements for other common areas in your home. If you’re one who loves white pumpkins (like I do) you may already have a few decorated around your house. Depending on the length of your table, grab a bunch of pumpkins in assorted sizes from medium to mini.
- For a glowing arrangement, add a few off-white unscented pillar candles (I purchased mine from Ikea). Place the candles on glass candle holders (similar ones found, here). By arranging and grouping the assorted sized pumpkins and candles down the center of your table, you will create a striking display that becomes a focal point on the dining table.
- While I did add white linen dinner napkins, I had to add these ‘Wine Turkey Pie’ – Rose Gold Foil Thanksgiving Napkins from Laura Hooper Calligraphy. Sometimes guests like to have a handy paper napkin available (wink, wink) and these are not only festive but pretty too!
- Put on the finishing touch to your Thanksgiving table by adding personalized place cards. I used the forks as my place card holder to display guest names. To coordinate with the color scheme, I went into my party stationery stash and used white place cards with a gold border.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you’ve enjoyed my inspiration for preparing your Thanksgiving tablescape!
-Photos & Table Styling by Design by Occasion
An adult Halloween party just isn’t complete without a signature cocktail. In the spirit of halloween, we created a libation fueled with mulled blackberries and blueberries for a delicious halloween cocktail! Find the recipe at the end of this post.
To evoke a halloween holiday vibe, craft a batch of this wicked cocktail, I named ‘Violet Haze’. Pour the chilled cocktail in a traditional, yet sophisticated black glassware. Add to the ambiance and set your pre-made cocktails on an old silver tray and attach your hand designed label so when your guests arrive, they can self-serve.
Speaking of ambiance, did you catch my Halloween tablescape inspiration from last week’s post?
Enchanting Hallows’ Eve magic is ready for any moonlit masquerade or bewitching bash.
Cheers and have a Happy Halloween!
-Photos + Recipe by Rose Angel Lopez
- 4 fresh Blackberries, plus more for garnishing
- 6 fresh Blueberries
- 2 oz. Chambord
- 1 oz. Blueberry Stoli Vodka
- ½ oz. Grand Marnier
- Ginger Ale
- Ice Cubes
- Fill a drink shaker with muddled blackberries and blueberries. Then fill with ice cubes; add next 4 ingredients. Cover and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled glass. Top off with a splash of Ginger Ale, gently stir. Garnish with blackberries, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
When it comes to door decor, we typically find the most popular are wreaths hung on the front of people’s front door. Other areas where wreaths are commonly seen hanging are walls, windows, and above fireplaces. But I would like to share with you that wreaths also make great table decor too! It’s a simple and great way to accent your dining table! Whether you have a small dining table or a large one, you can place your perfectly sized wreath on the center of your table. Faux or real…anything goes!
Remember this post, where I shared how to create this DIY Tri-color Eucalyptus wreath? Well, I dug this fall wreath out of my storage bin and decided to decorate our dining table with it. I nestled three clear glass votive candle holders in the center of the wreath, for an elegant ambiance. Since we have dining for eight, the size of this wreath is plush and brings a pretty fall festive touch to the table.
Give your dining table a makeover and brighten it up by accenting it with your favorite fall wreath!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez