Posts Tagged ‘ZGallerie’
Happy 1st day of Spring, everyone!!
When it comes to the change of seasons from winter to spring, I like to do a little re-decorating by swapping things out from cozy & warm to lighter & brighter! I typically start with the throws and decorative pillows located on the sofa to swapping out items on my tray that sits on the ottoman in the living room. Below are steps I use when curating the perfect collection on my tray for the new spring season!
How To Style a Chic Decorative Tray for Spring in 5 Easy Steps:
- Display a decorative object for character. I swapped out my tree branch design hurricane candle holders to a gold and marble figurine statue, found at Home Goods. Displaying a decorative object is like a piece of art and can be a conversational piece.
- Add some living nature. Add a beautiful arrangement of flowers that complements your decor and furnishings. Flowers and/or plants, instantly adds life to a tray. I love the colors of the ‘Esperance roses’ I selected. The color combination between light pink (that coordinates well with my blush toss pillows) and cream (compliments my ivory sofa) with a touch of green on the outer petals (green starts popping out everywhere in spring), make this light and bright rose very special.
- Add a stack of books. I love to add to my collection of coffee table books. Not only are they beautiful and inspiring, a stack of books will create height and elevate your flower arrangement and/or decor pieces. Find some new books that have decor ideas for spring.
- Display a scented candle. Scented candles serve as a dual purpose. Not only do they permeate a lovely fragrance in a room but they also add evening ambience with its flickering light. I swapped out my spicy-scented winter candle that had notes of either tobacco, bergamot, or clove to a fragrance that evokes the freshness of spring. I absolutely love when candles are housed in pretty boxes and/or jars. I found my white box with a rose gold topper on sale at ZGallerie. Unfortunately, it is no longer available online but they do sell others, that are just as pretty. Since the lid on the candle box is typically covered, I also added a mini scented candle and placed a glass dome on top.
- Add stylish coasters. I swapped out my darker coasters for gorgeous gold rimmed marble ones that I found at TJMaxx. Adding a stack of coasters on your tray is a great central location for guests to easily find when having drinks in hand.
The look of my tray essentials can easily transition to the summer months but I have a feeling I might just swap out a thing for two…because frankly – I can’t help myself!
Have a great week!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
My love (okay…maybe obsession) with feminine things like flowers and candles have always been a favorite of mine. Currently on my desk is my new ‘Plume Candle’ that is adorned in a gorgeous luxe glass vessel! Adorned with a gold jeweled topped peacock plume that is embellished with faux crystals makes this candle holder one that will last for a very long time. After your candle has burned out, you can store away small items in this beautiful vessel.
A fragrant candle sitting on my desk in my studio, instantly boosts my mood and productivity. Likewise, certain scented candles I have on my nightstand in my bedroom, calms and relaxes me. The scents of the Plume candle have light notes of Chinese Flower, Lily Of The Valley, Jasmine, and Musk.
Another favorite candle I have my eye on is this ‘Mariposa Candle”! Perhaps anyone of these can be a Mother’s Day gift (wink).
What are some of your favorite candles you currently having burning in your home?
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez / Studio: Design by Occasion
The Spring season is officially here but you wouldn’t think so as the current weather in Pennsylvania still feels like winter! That doesn’t stop me from brightening up the late-winter gloom and inviting spring home with my favorite hues that inspires the palette in my living room. A neutral backdrop of gray walls, cream and taupe furnishings layered with soft shades of blush and gold accents infused the room with a light!
To refresh this space, it only took me swapping out a few home decor accessories and introducing a new accent color. Since the ottoman is the focal point in the living room, I swapped out my geometric wood tray for this contemporary ivory tray with sleek polished gold cut out handles. I also found this Cirque pillar holder. I love that the the candle holder has a circular shape with a rectangle base that doubles a decorative sculptured piece.
Since I have a crush on the color blush, I was ecstatic to have found at Home Goods a blush colored tufted seating bench with acrylic legs. Since I gravitate more to the monochromatic color scheme, I was a bit hesitant to add this new accent color to the living room. I found that since it is not an overly girly pink color and more subdued in shade, I lived with it for a while.
A couple of months after purchasing the blush colored seating bench, I found a pair of blush colored toss pillows at Marshalls. The color of the pillow fabric incorporates a gold shimmer and is accented with a gold button. It couldn’t have been a more perfect find that brings balance to the new accent colors.
To bring in a little decorative Easter accent, I added these stone speckled egg objects to the tray.
Color me happy! To complete the look, I picked up vibrant blooms to ring in the new season! A pop of colorful array of roses instantly infused the living room with a light, bright and welcoming spirit!
With just a few changes in decor accessories, it doesn’t take much to refresh your home for the spring that will carry over to the summer season.
Since the toss pillows and bench were purchased from stores that never re-stock items, I was able to find a decorative pillow in blush with a gold zipper design that is really pretty. For the rest of the decor items, you can shop the look below.
Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
I’m loving the new items of white & gold interior furnishings and decor accessories ZGallerie has available! This ‘Sydney Desk‘ is gorgeous, which had me inspired to create this sophisticated and glammed up office inspiration board. Since I have no current plans of redoing my studio space, I’ll just continue to dream up a space like this (sigh).
Have you seen the new ZGallerie Spring Preview Catalog? I received mine in the mail yesterday and there were certainly a few favorites I have my eyes on! Below are a few pieces I put together that I would LOVE to have in a room in my home. A girl can dream, right?
For all of you decorista’s out there, ZGallerie is having a #PagesofStyle contest. The winner will receive a $250 ZGallerie Gift Card!