Posts Tagged ‘Tray Styling’
Over the years, I’ve noticed that I have collected quite a few trays. From serving trays to decorative ones, there are so many styles to choose from that are both pretty and practical. I’ve come to realize that it’s an accessory must and we practically have one in each room of our house.
While trays are a great way to contain clutter, they are also perfect for collecting and dressing up your pretty things. It’s an interior piece every home needs! Check out the many ways I use trays in our home…
#1. The Coffee Table Tray. A perfect way to create a coffee table/ottoman vignette is by starting with a tray. It’s the base for layering your home decor essentials. Have fun when styling, it should reflect your personal style and mix it up with height and texture.
#2. The Vanity Tray. Add some glam to your makeup vanity with a perfume tray displaying your favorite fragrances.
#3 The Office Tray. From a stapler and paper clips, to scissors and your business cards. Having a tray is a perfect way to hold your office desk accessories.
#4. The Foyer Tray. Another surface that I like to style with a tray is the cabinet in our upstairs foyer. Here, I layered a scented candle with glass dome, a sculptural object that drawers your eye and a plant that bring a little life to the top of this cabinet.
#5. The home bar tray. Keep your liquor in the open. I use our gold mirrored tray to house our decanters – a sophisticated touch when pouring your favorite spirits.
#6. Bar Cart Tray. A wine bar cart -brings functionality and flair. Here I used a marble serving tray to display my wine glasses. A convenient, yet chic way to entertain your guests.
#7 Dining Table Tray. Using a mirrored tray as a table centerpiece can bring ambiance to your dining room with illuminating candlelights and mini floral bouquets, nestled inside it.
#8. Front Foyer Tray. Having a front entry table sets the tone for your home. Having one with a tray is a must. I actually double up on the trays – it’s a landing place for our keys and sunglasses. We also hold our decorative accents.
#9. Kitchen Table Tray. On the kitchen table, I used a small glass tray and created a little tea station that holds our tea bags, sugar, and teaspoons.
See a tray you like in today’s post? I’ve rounded up some of the trays I currently own as well as similar ones:
What are some of the ways you use your trays at home? Comment on the comments section below!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
Happy 1st day of Spring, everyone!!
When it comes to the change of seasons from winter to spring, I like to do a little re-decorating by swapping things out from cozy & warm to lighter & brighter! I typically start with the throws and decorative pillows located on the sofa to swapping out items on my tray that sits on the ottoman in the living room. Below are steps I use when curating the perfect collection on my tray for the new spring season!
How To Style a Chic Decorative Tray for Spring in 5 Easy Steps:
- Display a decorative object for character. I swapped out my tree branch design hurricane candle holders to a gold and marble figurine statue, found at Home Goods. Displaying a decorative object is like a piece of art and can be a conversational piece.
- Add some living nature. Add a beautiful arrangement of flowers that complements your decor and furnishings. Flowers and/or plants, instantly adds life to a tray. I love the colors of the ‘Esperance roses’ I selected. The color combination between light pink (that coordinates well with my blush toss pillows) and cream (compliments my ivory sofa) with a touch of green on the outer petals (green starts popping out everywhere in spring), make this light and bright rose very special.
- Add a stack of books. I love to add to my collection of coffee table books. Not only are they beautiful and inspiring, a stack of books will create height and elevate your flower arrangement and/or decor pieces. Find some new books that have decor ideas for spring.
- Display a scented candle. Scented candles serve as a dual purpose. Not only do they permeate a lovely fragrance in a room but they also add evening ambience with its flickering light. I swapped out my spicy-scented winter candle that had notes of either tobacco, bergamot, or clove to a fragrance that evokes the freshness of spring. I absolutely love when candles are housed in pretty boxes and/or jars. I found my white box with a rose gold topper on sale at ZGallerie. Unfortunately, it is no longer available online but they do sell others, that are just as pretty. Since the lid on the candle box is typically covered, I also added a mini scented candle and placed a glass dome on top.
- Add stylish coasters. I swapped out my darker coasters for gorgeous gold rimmed marble ones that I found at TJMaxx. Adding a stack of coasters on your tray is a great central location for guests to easily find when having drinks in hand.
The look of my tray essentials can easily transition to the summer months but I have a feeling I might just swap out a thing for two…because frankly – I can’t help myself!
Have a great week!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez