Posts Tagged ‘spring’
Happy Monday! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter Sunday. We were pretty bummed when we looked out our window this morning to find snow on the ground. While we wait for warmer days, greener grass, and blooming flowers, I have added a spring vibe inside our home to keep it feeling fresh and bright. In case you missed my bedroom spring refresh, click here to read the post.
Keep reading to see how I was able to add a spring vibe to my ottoman tray in 3 very simple ways.
#1. New Scented Candle
The first thing I did was swap out our previous candle with this beautiful Gilded Cage fragrant candle, designed with singing birds. I adore birds and love listening to their chirping and singing, while sitting outdoors on our deck. The jar with lid is so spring-inspired and it was the perfect addition to our ottoman tray! The scent is Lemon Verbena – a light citrus scent.
#2. New Coffee-Table Book
Nothing says spring and summer than a stunning array of blooms, am I right? Another item I swapped out of our ottoman tray is our coffee-table book. I recently purchased this ‘Color Me Floral’ book by Kiana Underwood. While the pages inside this book are gorgeous, inspiring and helpful, the cover lends that bright, spring-vibe I wanted to create on our tray.
#3. A new Flower Vase
The third item I replaced on our ottoman tray was with this lovely Blossoms Blush Vase. The handcrafted ceramic design of blooms and butterflies on this vase is a beautiful reminder of nature’s whimsical beauty in the spring and summer seasons.
Viola! With swapping out three decor items, I was able to give our ottoman tray a spring refresh – a focal point when guests enter our living room.
For a look at last year’s ottoman tray spring refresh – check out this post. What are some of the ways you add a spring vibe to your coffee table tray? Let me know in the comments section below!
-Photos + Styling via Rose Angel Lopez
How pretty is my round-up of pretty handbags? I’m obsessed with the stylish trends of soft blush-pink tones, feminine floral prints and the natural straw weave material! With the spring and summer months, any of these handbags will elevate and brighten your look.
Which one is your fav?
Happy Friday, friends! There may be snow on the ground today where we live but I’ve got spring on the mind! I’m counting down the days for fresh flowers and green grass. For today’s weekly ‘Friday’s Favorite Finds’ series, I rounded-up my favorite wreaths that are so pretty and life-like. Any one of these wreaths would be beautifully hung on either your front door, window or interior wall!
Brighten up your home and swap out your winter wreath for a at touch of springtime cheer! I curated wreaths by color, from shades of white and green, pink, violet and blue, and yellow and oranges. Take a look and tell me which one is your favorite in the comments section below!
Happy 1st day of Spring, everyone!!
When it comes to the change of seasons from winter to spring, I like to do a little re-decorating by swapping things out from cozy & warm to lighter & brighter! I typically start with the throws and decorative pillows located on the sofa to swapping out items on my tray that sits on the ottoman in the living room. Below are steps I use when curating the perfect collection on my tray for the new spring season!
How To Style a Chic Decorative Tray for Spring in 5 Easy Steps:
- Display a decorative object for character. I swapped out my tree branch design hurricane candle holders to a gold and marble figurine statue, found at Home Goods. Displaying a decorative object is like a piece of art and can be a conversational piece.
- Add some living nature. Add a beautiful arrangement of flowers that complements your decor and furnishings. Flowers and/or plants, instantly adds life to a tray. I love the colors of the ‘Esperance roses’ I selected. The color combination between light pink (that coordinates well with my blush toss pillows) and cream (compliments my ivory sofa) with a touch of green on the outer petals (green starts popping out everywhere in spring), make this light and bright rose very special.
- Add a stack of books. I love to add to my collection of coffee table books. Not only are they beautiful and inspiring, a stack of books will create height and elevate your flower arrangement and/or decor pieces. Find some new books that have decor ideas for spring.
- Display a scented candle. Scented candles serve as a dual purpose. Not only do they permeate a lovely fragrance in a room but they also add evening ambience with its flickering light. I swapped out my spicy-scented winter candle that had notes of either tobacco, bergamot, or clove to a fragrance that evokes the freshness of spring. I absolutely love when candles are housed in pretty boxes and/or jars. I found my white box with a rose gold topper on sale at ZGallerie. Unfortunately, it is no longer available online but they do sell others, that are just as pretty. Since the lid on the candle box is typically covered, I also added a mini scented candle and placed a glass dome on top.
- Add stylish coasters. I swapped out my darker coasters for gorgeous gold rimmed marble ones that I found at TJMaxx. Adding a stack of coasters on your tray is a great central location for guests to easily find when having drinks in hand.
The look of my tray essentials can easily transition to the summer months but I have a feeling I might just swap out a thing for two…because frankly – I can’t help myself!
Have a great week!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
Over this past weekend, I visited a few stores to find that perfect dress to wear for our upcoming engagement shoot and was surprised I didn’t have a handful to choose from. Since we wanted to take cue from the location of the natural outdoor setting, we also wanted to choose outfits that express our style and personalities too.
While I found a dress that I’m really happy about, there are a few contenders that I adored as well! So if you plan on dressing it up with a fancy photo shoot whether it’s by the beach wearing a flowy dress and no shoes, glammed up in a ballgown and heels under the city lights or at a park wearing a pretty floral print maxi, here are a few dress options that caught my eye and may just catch yours as well!
Shop the Post: