Posts Tagged ‘s’mores cordial’
Whether you’re enjoying your evenings by the fire pit or building the first fire of the fall season, savor the cozy moment with this S’mores Cordial cocktail recipe!
This weekend was the first time we uncovered our new fire pit. Now mind you, we had our fire pit for a year now but never had the chance to use it. Starting this weekend, we are expected to feel much cooler temps and a nice way to cozy up by the fire is with a warm S’mores cordial! If you love S’mores, I’ll bet you may just enjoy this cordial that has all the ingredients that makes for a tasty drink.
I adapted this recipe from Mrs Lilien’s Dessert Cocktail Swatchbook. The recipe calls for bourbon but I substituted it with Rum Chata instead and for a bit of sweetness, I added sweetened condensed milk. We loved the warm and creamy flavor of this cocktail! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 Cups of Whole Milk
- 2 TBSP of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Hershey's Bar, break out 3 individual squares
- 4 ounces of Rum Chata
- 2 medium-sized Marshmallows (use jumbo size if you will be using a large cup or mug)
- 3 Graham Crackers, crushed
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, and the chocolate pieces to a simmer and stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Carefully dip the rims of your cup/mug into the hot chocolate mixture and then onto the Graham Cracker Crumbs.
- Torch the tops of the marshmallows. If you don't own a torch - turn your oven to broil. Place a piece of Parchment Paper on a baking sheet then place your marshmallows on top and place baking sheet on the top rack. Depending on your oven, it should only take 1-2 minutes to brown.
- Pour 1 cup of hot chocolate into each cup and add 2 ounces of Rum Chata in each cup and stir.
- Top each cup with a marshmallow and serve warm.
-Pictures by Rose Angel Lopez