Posts Tagged ‘recipes’
Cookbooks are not my only source for finding delicious recipes. In fact, I am always intrigued at trying out recipes I find on Pinterest! If you have a recipe that looks good, I’m down for giving it a try!
While visiting Trader Joe’s a couple of weeks ago, I came across their sweetened dried orange slices and automatically thought how good these would taste (and look) on top of a orange flavored cake. Since we are in cranberry season, I searched for recipes that included these two ingredients. I found this Cranberry Orange Cream Cheese Poundcake recipe via Key Ingredient.
Rather than the poundcake version, I used my muffin pans to bake these. I can’t tell you how moist and flavorful they were!! Not only did our kitchen smell like citrus goodness, one bite of these muffins and our taste buds exploded with the burst of orange and cranberry flavor combination! I placed one of the sweetened dried orange slices on top of each muffin that not only served as a decorative touch but an added flavor to enhance the orange taste.
Whether you’re looking for a dessert recipe to serve this holiday season or simply delicious muffins to enjoy, I highly recommend you try this recipe. I did alter the recipe by adding 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed orange juice to the wet batter and instead of fresh cranberries, I used Craisins. Additionally, for the glaze, I used this recipe that called for the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
This is the ultimate time in which we find ourselves baking homemade desserts as we get ready for the entertaining season. This is also a wonderful time to enjoy the crisp autumn air and early nightfall out by fire pit in the backyard. With that in mind, I think I might have just took s’mores to a whole other level, when I came up with this recipe…no counting calories here, you guys! No need to roast your marshmallows at your outdoor firepit because these s’more brownies are oven-baked and still have that ooey gooey goodness we all enjoy!
I simply love chocolate so I decided to add Nestle Trip Chip Morsels to the brownie mix. Once the brownie was baked, I topped it with a spoonful of sweet caramel dulce de leche spread and garnished with crumbled Honey Maid Vanilla Graham Crackers. This fall dessert is so rich and decadent, you’ll want to compliment it with a hot cup of coffee or an ice cold glass of milk!
- 1 box, Brownie Mix
- ¼ cup, Toll House Nestle Triple Chocolate Morsels
- ¼ cup, Mini Marshmallows (reserve ⅛ for topping)
- Dulce de Leche spread, drizzle as topping
- Honey Maid Vanilla Graham Crackers, crumbled
- Follow the brownie box instructions to prepare. Add ⅛ cup of chocolate morsels and gently fold into your brownie batter mix.
- Pour the brownie mix into your prepared baking pan and top with the remaining ⅛ cup of chocolate morsels. Cover your brownie batter with marshmallows (add as much or little as you desire).
- Bake brownie according to the box instructions.
- Insert three whole graham crackers in a sandwich bag and seal. Take a rolling pin and roll it over the sealed bag until the graham crackers have crumbled.
- Once baked, remove brownie pan from oven and let cool (at least 15-20 minutes).
- Pre-cut your brownie into equal amount of squares. Individually add a teaspoon of dulce de leche spread and garnish with graham crackers.
- Serve and Enjoy!
-Photos + Recipe by Rose Angel Lopez
A couple of weekends ago, we had hosted a small gathering at our house where I had prepared a variety of appetizers, a charcuterie board and some party snacks. One of the snack food items were these Red Hot Blue Corn Tortilla Chips that I had paired with a sampling of dips. Since we still had leftover tortilla chips, I decided to make this nacho platter while enjoying movie night at home.
A healthy-ish alternative to the typical loaded nacho platter, these nachos include tomatoes, scallions, jalapeno pepper, reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, fresh cilantro, and lime. If you crave nachos with flavor and heat but don’t want to pack the pounds, you will like this recipe! With the start of football season, up your nacho game…whether you prepare a one-sheet nacho for all to grab and enjoy or build-your-own nacho by creating a nacho bar for your guests, it’s a perfect addition to your party food menu!
- 36 baked blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack Cheese
- ¼ cup cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9x13-inch baking dish or 11-inch deep-dish pizza pan with nonstick spray.
- Arrange 24 tortilla chips in single layer in prepared pizza pan. Top evenly with tomatoes, scallions, and jalapeno.
- Crush remaining 12 tortilla chips and sprinkle on top; sprinkle evenly with Monterey Jack. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro and squeeze lime juice over.
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez / Recipe: Weightwatchers Family Meals cookbook
With the upcoming 4th of July long holiday weekend, we haven’t decided whether we will making a road trip out of town or staying at home and hosting a backyard party. If we do decide to stay in town, we will host a patriotic-themed celebration with a charming outdoor gathering for a relaxed dinner and serve easy, portable food like a grilled hot dogs. I envision creating a tablescape channeling the deep blue sea and displaying a flower arrangement with red ranunculus, perhaps.
If you’re looking for cooking inspiration, keep reading for a round-up of my fourth of July summer menu idea.
Crank up the grill and make your own DIY hot dog station! Having your guests customize their own hot dog is a great way to get everyone in on the food prep and having a little fun with their food. With all these savory hot dog topping ideas, you can’t go wrong.
For a sweeter flavor, these tropical hot dog toppings are equally satisfying! Place hot dogs in a fun basket or have your guests create their own hot dog toppings with individualized hot dog holders. Organize condiments on a tiered stand or in mason jars atop a bowl of ice.
Take ordinary french fries to the next level! Display these crispy, robust oven-baked garlic parmesan potato fries in mini galvanized bucket pails for each guest to easily grab and place on their plate.
Add a punch of flavor to your cocktail with a simple summer infusion like this refreshing strawberry moscow mule recipe. You can create a large batch for your guests or make one cup at a time and display on a tray for them to self serve.
Finish the night with sparklers and a berry delicious dessert! While I could have chosen a more traditional dessert like a cherry pie, I decided with a heavy-filling entree – a lighter dessert like this raspberry gratin, would be ideal.
Take the fun outside and enjoy this fourth of July! Happy Summer!!
*featured image by Crate and Barrel
With my birthday coming up in the next few days, I pretty much celebrate early and call it my “birthday week” – I’ve been doing this for years! I’m not one to dread my birthday as it gets closer, I actually look forward to it. So here’s to celebrating 45! And with that comes but of course CAKE! I mean it’s the only way to celebrate, right?!
Get ready to view some mouth-watering birthday cakes that not only look delicious but you can make them too with its easy to follow recipes.
recipe by Carrie Sellman for the Cake Blog
recipe by Give Recipe
recipe by Spiced blog
recipe by Olivia Bogacki for The Cake Blog
recipe by A Latte Food
recipe by Use Real Butter