Posts Tagged ‘love’
Wondering how I was able to pull this inspiration shoot after yesterday’s post? I had my partner’s help, of course! I was itching to do something creative and my partner actually suggested that I go for it because simply, it made me happy! My better half volunteered to collect and carry everything I needed so that I can put this holiday tabletop and dessert bar together. What would normally take me a few hours to complete, took me a weekend to pull off!
Keep reading for more inspiration on how to throw a beautifully blush Galentine’s Day Soiree!
Are you gearing up for Valentine’s day? Get ready to celebrate all the amazing ladies in your life. Chocolates, champagne, blush roses & hydrangeas, and Valentine’s inspired candy, cupcakes & cookies, are a perfect excuse to celebrate Galentine’s day with your gals!
I set the table in this blush and gold color palette. Since Valentine’s is the last winter holiday before the spring season begins, I decided to add a touch of early spring by making a simple wreath for each dinner plate – using English Ivy. These personalized heart-shaped cookies by RPConfections were a great way to use as a name tag for each place setting and a sweet treat perfectly packaged for guests to take home. As a final touch, I took the cloth dinner napkins and folded them into a rose shape. You can check out this tutorial, here!
I decided to use these gold glitter ‘love’ cupcake toppers by Party Fix to hold a sour gummy lip and placed it on the rim of each champagne filled glass.
Lindt chocolate truffles were paired with heart-shaped marshmallows.
I was pretty satisfied that I was able to pull off making this blooming with love floral arrangement. To recreate this on your own, you will need the following:
- Roses (I chose white and blush colored ones)
- Hydrangeas (I was able to find these naturally blush and green ones)
- (1) Wet Foam block
- Depending on the size of your table, you can use either a medium-sized platter in a rectangle shape (as I did) or a large-sized one
- Let the wet foam block soak in water until the block submerges in the water on its own
- Remove the wet foam from the water and place it on the platter
- I started forming my arrangement by using the hydrangeas first. I removed the leaves off the hydrangea, cut the stem to size and inserted the first one on the bottom-end of the foam block. I placed two hydrangeas on each corner of the platter and then proceeded to insert them in the middle of the foam block as well.
- I then started to strategically fill the empty spaces with my roses. You will want to remove the leaves off the roses as well and cut to size.
- If you have large gaps of space in your arrangement, add more hydrangeas to fill it in
- I made sure that whatever I inserted in the front of the arrangement, I tried to mimic on the other side.
This adorable dessert bar was filled with an array of Valentine’s candy, delicious treats from chocolate truffles and decorated cookies & cupcakes to cherry topped brownies.
You can’t ever go wrong with Georgetown Cupcake! This ‘rose gold dozen’ is sure to be a crowd pleaser!!
My sweetheart actually made this Galentine’s inspired wreath by wrapping English Ivy around a wreath metal frame. This rose gold ‘Love’ balloon from West Side Apartment was attached to the middle of the wreath and small rose buds were cut and glued onto the wreath. My partner did a great job, wouldn’t you agree?! I say…good job, honey. We make a great team!
Minutes before your guests arrive, pop the chilled champagne and pour some in your champagne flutes. When your guests start to arrive, welcome each of them with a glass and let the soiree begin!
Add some color and flavor to your water by dropping in two fresh raspberries and mint!
These ombre ‘heart sugar cookies’ from PFConfections have such pretty embossed details!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Galentine’s day entertaining tips and decorating ideas.
Cheers to girlfriends and Happy Galentine’s Day!!
Tablescape by Rose Angel Lopez | Photography: Autumn Stankay of SkySight Photography
Last night I was up until wee hours of the night, working in my studio on NEW Valentine’s Day greeting card designs to add to my collection. When it comes to a day to celebrate those who are closest to our hearts, it was pretty easy to sketch out some ideas that I hope you will love!
If you are interested in my GOLD LOVE greeting card, it is still available in my Etsy shop.
Stay tuned as I will be posting my new Valentine’s day cards this week!
-Photos by SkySight Photography
Thanks everyone for all the LOVE you have shown through your emails and comments in support of Design by Occasion’s launch! This has been a great week!!
– Handmade “LOVE” Greeting Card made by Design by Occasion
- Image by Skysight Photography