Posts Tagged ‘lemon loaf’
Semi-homemade Dessert Recipe: MINI LEMON LOAVES WITH LEMON CURD FILLING, TOPPED WITH A LEMON & COCONUT GLAZE
When it comes to springtime, it’s a time of transition when we crave lighter and brighter flavors of both food and desserts. I enjoy citrus flavored desserts and I love the irresistible taste of sweet and tart lemon confections. A delicious dessert recipe for a special occasion or anytime of the week, I made these semi-homemade mini lemon loaves that bring a sweet ending to a spring or summer day. I added the rich, sweet and lemon tangy flavor of lemon curd for the filling and topped each loaf with a lemon-coconut glaze – it creates a delightful contrast. This recipe is so easy and a snap to make!
Enjoy the fresh flavor of spring and celebrate the season with this brightly flavored dessert!
- 1 box, Betty Crocker Super Moist Lemon Cake Mix
- 10 oz jar, Dickinson's Lemon Curd
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup, Confectioners Sugar
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon (set aside ½ tsp for garnish)
- 1 tsp, Sweetened Coconut Flakes (set aside extra garnishing)
- To make the lemon cake, follow the instructions on the cake mix box.
- While the cake is baking, in a small bowl combine the sugar, lemon juice and 1 tsp of lemon zest and coconut flakes. Set aside.
- After your loaves have cooled, slice the loaf in half to create a top and bottom.
- On the bottom part of the loaf, spread a generous amount (or however much you desire) of the lemon curd. Place the top part of the loaf to the bottom part (like a sandwich).
- Drizzle the glaze on top of each loaf. For the garnish, sprinkle some coconut and lemon zest.
-Photos + Styling by Rose Angel Lopez