Posts Tagged ‘hot chocolate’
March 20th officially marks the change of seasons but with ‘Storm Stella’ looming around some of us in the East Coast, it doesn’t feel like spring is near. With the very cold temps outside, I craved a hot beverage to keep me warm. I whipped up my favorite Lavender Hot Chocolate recipe! To recreate this simple recipe, the two main ingredients I use are Silly Cow Chocolate Moo-usse Hot Chocolate and Pepper Creek Farms French Blue Lavender.
Naturally sweetened chocolate, infused with lavender buds, topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings – makes this blended hot chocolate oh, so gourmet!
- 2 cups, Milk (whole or skim is optional)
- 1 Tbsp, Lavender Buds
- 2 Tbsp, Hot Chocolate Mix
- Whipped Cream and Chocolate Shavings for topping
- Pour 2 cups of milk into your liquid measuring cup.
- Combine Milk and lavender buds in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Be sure to stir occasionally and do not let mixture come to a boil. Once you see steam, lower heat and let mixture simmer.
- Add hot chocolate mixture and stir until chocolate is melted and and mixture is smooth. Continue to let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain mixture back into measuring cup and then pour the lavender hot chocolate in two cups.
- Top lavender hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings
-Photos + Recipe by Rose Angel Lopez
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! The day after Thanksgiving, we headed to the tree farm to pick out a Christmas tree. I pretty much spent all day Saturday, getting the storage bins out of the basement and decorating parts of the house for the holidays. It never fails the mess that happens when going through all the bins of ornaments and Christmas decor but when it’s all done and the house is clean, its great to just sit back and enjoy watching the lights twinkle and breath in the fresh smell of evergreen.
And that’s exactly what I did! I had the TV on and was watching a series of Christmas movies that were showing on the Hallmark channel and I poured myself a hot chocolate in my warm and cozy mug. Whether you’re making instant hot chocolate or homemade, I LOVE to kick it up with this flavored lavender milk recipe! I added some whipped cream, topped it off with some chocolate shavings and added this cute gingerbread house mug topper. You don’t need a side of cookies when you have this delicious treat!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez