Posts Tagged ‘Home decor’
While practicality trumps all, pretty never hurts either…am I right? On occasion, when I find something on the web that catches my eye, I’ll save it to my pinterest board. It’s like online shopping, without the commitment – ha!
From home decor and entertaining essentials, to women’s fashion, I’ve rounded up a few of my current favorites, below.
When it come to supporting crafters and artists and their handmade goods, I like to hop on over to Etsy and visit my favorite shops and also visit new ones. Since we are officially in the fall season, I’m all about adding autumnal touches that will bring personality and spruce up any room in your house! Today, I wanted to highlight a few of my favorite Etsy items with my round-up of fall-inspired items.
Shop the Post:
1. Throw Pillow Fall Things: add this pillow on an accent chair in a cozy corner of your house!
2. Morning Pumpkin Ceramic Mug: when it comes to fall, we all know it’s pumpkin everything, so why not start your mornings with a cheeky fall-inspired saying to your sweetie.
3. The Snuggle is Real Throw Blanket: who doesn’t like to snuggle up on the sofa and get cozy…loving this decorative throw blanket!
4. Tea Towel Grateful Hearts: when in the kitchen cooking up a storm for the Thanksgiving holiday – what a wonderful way to be reminded of what it is all about!
5. Thankful & Grateful Wine Gift Bag: the season will soon be upon us for attending holiday soirées and a great way to show your appreciation to your host is with a bottle of wine packaged in this rustic yet chic gift bag.
6. Pumpkin Spice Shirt Fall Graphic Tee: this cozy tee paired with a pair of comfy jeans and ankle booties is a perfect weekend outfit to spend outdoors.
7. Cozy Cabin Scented Soy Candle: a blend of Winter Air, Sweet Amber, Mandarin Leaf, White Cedar, Raw Cinnamon, Rich Cardamom, Nutmeg Shavings, Sandalwood, and Cashmere Vanilla. Oh, what a wonderful way to fill a room in your house with fall-like scents!
Happy September! Well, with Labor day just two days away – it’s a reminder that is the last holiday of the summer season as we transition to fall. I’ve already spotted fall decor in my local shops to give us a head start on making our home a festive haven for the upcoming fall season.
My favorite go-to home decor essential for any season are fragrant candles. What better way to celebrate fall than with the comforting smells of scented candles. Now you can accent your candle with a beautiful fall-inspired candle sleeve or add a fragrant festive plug-in! I’ve rounded up my favorites below from Bath&Body Works/White Barn.
Do you have a favorite? Which ones would you add to your seasonal home decor?
Pure and simple, trays are definitely functional and we typically use them to keep items organized in our office, on our kitchen counter, for our makeup – just to name a few. We also use trays when entertaining guests, to present food and cocktails. I like to use them for all of these purposes, but I also like to glam up a part of my living space by using decorative trays for visual impact!
Today, I’m sharing how I used two trays, in two different ways, in two different areas of my home.
In the Dining Room…
Decorative Gold Mirrored Tray used to hold taper candles and flowers
This large decorative mirrored tray would look great on a bar to display your liqueur decanters or to house your bar cart essentials but I chose to use it on our dining room table as a centerpiece. For a stylish and elegant look, I took a variety of crystal candle holders in different shapes and sizes, inserted white taper candles and placed them on this mirrored tray. To add to the glam look, I added votive glass holders and placed all white flowers that creates a softer look. I’m a huge fan of ambience and dining alongside this centerpiece does just that! Flickering candlelights bounces on top of the tray’s stunning mirrored surface – which gives it even more luster.
In the Bedroom…
Decorative Gold & Marble Tray used to group bedroom/vanity decor accessories
This sophisticated marble tray with its gold trim and ornate handles is a perfect way to dress up a vanity. With a little #shelfie styling in our custom built-in closet, I’m using this decorative tray to hold some of my favorite things. By grouping these items, it somehow looks intentional and I love how the color coordinates with the brushed gold cabinet hardware!
I love the many uses of a decorative tray. Let us know in the comments section below, what are some of the ways you use yours – we’d love to know!
Trays were purchased from Home Goods.
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
In yesterday’s post, I announced my 3-year blogiversary and a gift giveaway (still time to enter!) From all the blog posts I published in the past three years, it’s fun to see what it is you all like to read and are inspired by. So I thought I would share a round-up of the top most-read blog posts this year, in case you missed reading any of them (wink, wink).
Most-Read COCKTAIL Recipe Post
Italian Mule Cocktail recipe: this was one of my favorite summer cocktails – so refreshing!
Most-Read DESSERT/FOOD Recipe Posts
Custard Fruit Puff Pastry Shells: I love to make anything with Puff Pastry.
Apple Oatmeal Brunch Food recipe: I’m thinking of what else I can make with apples this fall.
Arroz con Dulce recipe: a family favorite!
Most-Read DIY Post
Bridesmaid & Groomsman DIY Gift Box: snacks, cocktails, goodies, and a card all packaged nicely? A great way to ask your bridal and groomsmen party to be a part of your wedding!
Most-Read HOME DECOR Posts
Fall Home Decor: It doesn’t take much to transition your home decor from summer to fall.
‘Press for Champagne’ framed bell: one of my favorite and fun purchases, to date!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez