Posts Tagged ‘decor’
Like me, I’m sure many of you dashed to your local Target store to check out the launch of holiday and home products by Hearth & Hand with Magnolia! Gotta love Chip and Joanna Gaines! I was pretty stoked about their collaboration with Target because I had a good feeling about the products that we would see.
Since we are officially in the holiday season, I am sharing my roundup of holiday favorites for your home that are not only festive but cozy items to use for the cold weather season too!
1. Artificial Juniper Wreath with Bell – based on my social media feed, I think it’s safe to say we will all have these wreaths hanging in our home! I love how simple yet pretty it is!
2. Light Up House Stocking Holder – These adorable houses will look on any fireplace mantel.
3. Ceramic House Tealight Candle Holder – I actually purchased these from Targets dollar section – they would make great centerpieces for a holiday tablescape!
4. Snowflakes Napkin Ring Set – I have my eye on these! I envision using these for an all-white winter themed tablescape.
5. House Lantern Medium – Gold – Place a battery operated pillar candle and I think these would look great styled on the floor beside a fireplace or by the front door under a covered porch.
6. House Lantern Large – Gold – pair this with the medium-sized one for some impact.
7. Serving Platter – a festive platter to serve holiday cookies!
8. Coaster Set – These are great for using on your dining room table or on your coffee table in your living room.
9. Jingle Bells Napkin Ring Set – love how festive these are!
10. Knit Throw Blanket – a cozy throw to keep your warm this winter
11. Stoneware Let It Snow Mug – hot chocolate anyone?
12. Round Woven Basket – I purchased this basket and housed all my throws. It’s a convenient way for any of our overnight guests to take from.
Photo credit: Stylish Petite
I bet I’m not the only one that has noticed the pineapple motif trending in all of our favorite stores! Are you a fan? When it comes to home decor, you won’t find me adding pineapple accessories everywhere. I will however, approve of adding a scented candle housed in a pineapple jar, a gold pineapple with a lid to place on top of your bar cart, or even a cute pineapple kitchen accessory.
Pineapples are not only found in home decor but partyware as well. From summer themed parties to destination weddings, pineapples are taking center stage on styled tablescapes. With the warmer summer months just around the corner, it will be the perfect time to entertain and host your tropical summer party outdoors! Just a word of caution when planning a themed party, let your theme shine through the details…remember, “less is more”.
To help with your entertaining ideas, I’ve sourced some party items to help plan your party.
For the Kiddos…
For the Adults…
This DIY is a simple way to transform your ordinary coasters to fashionably functional with its coveted look of gold edges!
On our bedside tables, we typically like to have a glass of water beside us or enjoy our morning coffee in the bedroom, while getting ready for the day. It’s important to protect the surface of the nightstands from watermarks or drink stains, so in order to avoid possible spills or damage, I like to use coasters. I purchased these gold rimmed coasters and have them displayed on the tray in the living room and I couldn’t find similar ones, since I wanted to coordinate with some of the gold decor elements in the bedroom. As an alternative, I found white marble coasters with subtle grey veining throughout and with a simple and easy DIY – I applied gold leaf to the four edges of the coasters.
I love the sophisticated, sparkling appearance the gold leaf adds to the marble coasters and it coordinates so well on top of the all-white nightstands. The best part of this DIY gold leaf application is the fact that it doesn’t have to look perfect! Each side of the coaster has its own imperfect character. If you prefer cleaner edges, I would suggest using paint or spray paint to acheive that look.
-Photos + DIY by Rose Angel Lopez
Happy 1st day of Spring, everyone!!
When it comes to the change of seasons from winter to spring, I like to do a little re-decorating by swapping things out from cozy & warm to lighter & brighter! I typically start with the throws and decorative pillows located on the sofa to swapping out items on my tray that sits on the ottoman in the living room. Below are steps I use when curating the perfect collection on my tray for the new spring season!
How To Style a Chic Decorative Tray for Spring in 5 Easy Steps:
- Display a decorative object for character. I swapped out my tree branch design hurricane candle holders to a gold and marble figurine statue, found at Home Goods. Displaying a decorative object is like a piece of art and can be a conversational piece.
- Add some living nature. Add a beautiful arrangement of flowers that complements your decor and furnishings. Flowers and/or plants, instantly adds life to a tray. I love the colors of the ‘Esperance roses’ I selected. The color combination between light pink (that coordinates well with my blush toss pillows) and cream (compliments my ivory sofa) with a touch of green on the outer petals (green starts popping out everywhere in spring), make this light and bright rose very special.
- Add a stack of books. I love to add to my collection of coffee table books. Not only are they beautiful and inspiring, a stack of books will create height and elevate your flower arrangement and/or decor pieces. Find some new books that have decor ideas for spring.
- Display a scented candle. Scented candles serve as a dual purpose. Not only do they permeate a lovely fragrance in a room but they also add evening ambience with its flickering light. I swapped out my spicy-scented winter candle that had notes of either tobacco, bergamot, or clove to a fragrance that evokes the freshness of spring. I absolutely love when candles are housed in pretty boxes and/or jars. I found my white box with a rose gold topper on sale at ZGallerie. Unfortunately, it is no longer available online but they do sell others, that are just as pretty. Since the lid on the candle box is typically covered, I also added a mini scented candle and placed a glass dome on top.
- Add stylish coasters. I swapped out my darker coasters for gorgeous gold rimmed marble ones that I found at TJMaxx. Adding a stack of coasters on your tray is a great central location for guests to easily find when having drinks in hand.
The look of my tray essentials can easily transition to the summer months but I have a feeling I might just swap out a thing for two…because frankly – I can’t help myself!
Have a great week!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
Next week Thursday, marks the official first day of fall and with the early signs of leaves turning colors that are slowly falling on the ground, it will soon be time to swap out my summer wreath that’s hanging on my front door. Eye-catching wreaths is one of the best ways to welcome guests as they enter your home!
If you plan on decorating some parts of your home for the fall season, I’ve rounded up some pretty wreaths that can you dress your front door, gate or mantel with. If you prefer a DIY wreath, these serve as great inspiration too!
Shop the Post: 1. Oak Leaf Wreath | 2. Fall Rhapsody Wreath | 3. Metal Leaf Wreath | 4. Corn Husk Wreath | 5. Larkspur Fruit Wreath | 6. Harvest Wheel Dried Wreath | 7. Magnolia Wheat Wreath | 8. Sun Harvest Wreath