Posts Tagged ‘decor’
Photo credit: Stylish Petite
I bet I’m not the only one that has noticed the pineapple motif trending in all of our favorite stores! Are you a fan? When it comes to home decor, you won’t find me adding pineapple accessories everywhere. I will however, approve of adding a scented candle housed in a pineapple jar, a gold pineapple with a lid to place on top of your bar cart, or even a cute pineapple kitchen accessory.
Pineapples are not only found in home decor but partyware as well. From summer themed parties to destination weddings, pineapples are taking center stage on styled tablescapes. With the warmer summer months just around the corner, it will be the perfect time to entertain and host your tropical summer party outdoors! Just a word of caution when planning a themed party, let your theme shine through the details…remember, “less is more”.
To help with your entertaining ideas, I’ve sourced some party items to help plan your party.
For the Kiddos…
For the Adults…
This DIY is a simple way to transform your ordinary coasters to fashionably functional with its coveted look of gold edges!
On our bedside tables, we typically like to have a glass of water beside us or enjoy our morning coffee in the bedroom, while getting ready for the day. It’s important to protect the surface of the nightstands from watermarks or drink stains, so in order to avoid possible spills or damage, I like to use coasters. I purchased these gold rimmed coasters and have them displayed on the tray in the living room and I couldn’t find similar ones, since I wanted to coordinate with some of the gold decor elements in the bedroom. As an alternative, I found white marble coasters with subtle grey veining throughout and with a simple and easy DIY – I applied gold leaf to the four edges of the coasters.
I love the sophisticated, sparkling appearance the gold leaf adds to the marble coasters and it coordinates so well on top of the all-white nightstands. The best part of this DIY gold leaf application is the fact that it doesn’t have to look perfect! Each side of the coaster has its own imperfect character. If you prefer cleaner edges, I would suggest using paint or spray paint to acheive that look.
-Photos + DIY by Rose Angel Lopez
Happy 1st day of Spring, everyone!!
When it comes to the change of seasons from winter to spring, I like to do a little re-decorating by swapping things out from cozy & warm to lighter & brighter! I typically start with the throws and decorative pillows located on the sofa to swapping out items on my tray that sits on the ottoman in the living room. Below are steps I use when curating the perfect collection on my tray for the new spring season!
How To Style a Chic Decorative Tray for Spring in 5 Easy Steps:
- Display a decorative object for character. I swapped out my tree branch design hurricane candle holders to a gold and marble figurine statue, found at Home Goods. Displaying a decorative object is like a piece of art and can be a conversational piece.
- Add some living nature. Add a beautiful arrangement of flowers that complements your decor and furnishings. Flowers and/or plants, instantly adds life to a tray. I love the colors of the ‘Esperance roses’ I selected. The color combination between light pink (that coordinates well with my blush toss pillows) and cream (compliments my ivory sofa) with a touch of green on the outer petals (green starts popping out everywhere in spring), make this light and bright rose very special.
- Add a stack of books. I love to add to my collection of coffee table books. Not only are they beautiful and inspiring, a stack of books will create height and elevate your flower arrangement and/or decor pieces. Find some new books that have decor ideas for spring.
- Display a scented candle. Scented candles serve as a dual purpose. Not only do they permeate a lovely fragrance in a room but they also add evening ambience with its flickering light. I swapped out my spicy-scented winter candle that had notes of either tobacco, bergamot, or clove to a fragrance that evokes the freshness of spring. I absolutely love when candles are housed in pretty boxes and/or jars. I found my white box with a rose gold topper on sale at ZGallerie. Unfortunately, it is no longer available online but they do sell others, that are just as pretty. Since the lid on the candle box is typically covered, I also added a mini scented candle and placed a glass dome on top.
- Add stylish coasters. I swapped out my darker coasters for gorgeous gold rimmed marble ones that I found at TJMaxx. Adding a stack of coasters on your tray is a great central location for guests to easily find when having drinks in hand.
The look of my tray essentials can easily transition to the summer months but I have a feeling I might just swap out a thing for two…because frankly – I can’t help myself!
Have a great week!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
Next week Thursday, marks the official first day of fall and with the early signs of leaves turning colors that are slowly falling on the ground, it will soon be time to swap out my summer wreath that’s hanging on my front door. Eye-catching wreaths is one of the best ways to welcome guests as they enter your home!
If you plan on decorating some parts of your home for the fall season, I’ve rounded up some pretty wreaths that can you dress your front door, gate or mantel with. If you prefer a DIY wreath, these serve as great inspiration too!
Shop the Post: 1. Oak Leaf Wreath | 2. Fall Rhapsody Wreath | 3. Metal Leaf Wreath | 4. Corn Husk Wreath | 5. Larkspur Fruit Wreath | 6. Harvest Wheel Dried Wreath | 7. Magnolia Wheat Wreath | 8. Sun Harvest Wreath
Many times, I find myself so inspired by the photography of gorgeous wedding reception tables and I often think to myself – how I can recreate a certain look on a smaller scale for home entertaining? I’m loving the romantic and nature element of gorgeous greenery but incorporated in a modern way versus a rustic design. An abundance of vibrant foliage-filled centerpieces or ceiling installations, certainly has style when done right…like here and here!
Many times when we host an at-home dinner party, we concentrate on the dining table but for those impromptu gatherings – how about focusing on your buffet table or setting a table in another part of your home for your guests to gather? I did just that by converting my living room table into a dessert and wine buffet! I mean who doesn’t love wine and dessert, right?!
I have to say that creating my botanical-inspired greenery centerpiece was so simple and so affordable…you can’t go wrong with free clippings from your own backyard! With only three items…greenery, tall clear vases, and votive candles, you will have taken care of your table decor in a jiffy and a stunning one at that! For a dramatic impact, I chose to cut taller branches for height; approximately 22″-26″inches.
I love how the greenery pops against the modern wallpaper and the white lacquer table. This table decor can easily transition from the deep spring/summer green foliage to nature’s splendor of warm autumn color leaves. So give it a try…it’s definitely a wow factor!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez