Posts Tagged ‘decor’
Happy 1st day of Spring, everyone!!
When it comes to the change of seasons from winter to spring, I like to do a little re-decorating by swapping things out from cozy & warm to lighter & brighter! I typically start with the throws and decorative pillows located on the sofa to swapping out items on my tray that sits on the ottoman in the living room. Below are steps I use when curating the perfect collection on my tray for the new spring season!
How To Style a Chic Decorative Tray for Spring in 5 Easy Steps:
- Display a decorative object for character. I swapped out my tree branch design hurricane candle holders to a gold and marble figurine statue, found at Home Goods. Displaying a decorative object is like a piece of art and can be a conversational piece.
- Add some living nature. Add a beautiful arrangement of flowers that complements your decor and furnishings. Flowers and/or plants, instantly adds life to a tray. I love the colors of the ‘Esperance roses’ I selected. The color combination between light pink (that coordinates well with my blush toss pillows) and cream (compliments my ivory sofa) with a touch of green on the outer petals (green starts popping out everywhere in spring), make this light and bright rose very special.
- Add a stack of books. I love to add to my collection of coffee table books. Not only are they beautiful and inspiring, a stack of books will create height and elevate your flower arrangement and/or decor pieces. Find some new books that have decor ideas for spring.
- Display a scented candle. Scented candles serve as a dual purpose. Not only do they permeate a lovely fragrance in a room but they also add evening ambience with its flickering light. I swapped out my spicy-scented winter candle that had notes of either tobacco, bergamot, or clove to a fragrance that evokes the freshness of spring. I absolutely love when candles are housed in pretty boxes and/or jars. I found my white box with a rose gold topper on sale at ZGallerie. Unfortunately, it is no longer available online but they do sell others, that are just as pretty. Since the lid on the candle box is typically covered, I also added a mini scented candle and placed a glass dome on top.
- Add stylish coasters. I swapped out my darker coasters for gorgeous gold rimmed marble ones that I found at TJMaxx. Adding a stack of coasters on your tray is a great central location for guests to easily find when having drinks in hand.
The look of my tray essentials can easily transition to the summer months but I have a feeling I might just swap out a thing for two…because frankly – I can’t help myself!
Have a great week!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
Next week Thursday, marks the official first day of fall and with the early signs of leaves turning colors that are slowly falling on the ground, it will soon be time to swap out my summer wreath that’s hanging on my front door. Eye-catching wreaths is one of the best ways to welcome guests as they enter your home!
If you plan on decorating some parts of your home for the fall season, I’ve rounded up some pretty wreaths that can you dress your front door, gate or mantel with. If you prefer a DIY wreath, these serve as great inspiration too!
Shop the Post: 1. Oak Leaf Wreath | 2. Fall Rhapsody Wreath | 3. Metal Leaf Wreath | 4. Corn Husk Wreath | 5. Larkspur Fruit Wreath | 6. Harvest Wheel Dried Wreath | 7. Magnolia Wheat Wreath | 8. Sun Harvest Wreath
Many times, I find myself so inspired by the photography of gorgeous wedding reception tables and I often think to myself – how I can recreate a certain look on a smaller scale for home entertaining? I’m loving the romantic and nature element of gorgeous greenery but incorporated in a modern way versus a rustic design. An abundance of vibrant foliage-filled centerpieces or ceiling installations, certainly has style when done right…like here and here!
Many times when we host an at-home dinner party, we concentrate on the dining table but for those impromptu gatherings – how about focusing on your buffet table or setting a table in another part of your home for your guests to gather? I did just that by converting my living room table into a dessert and wine buffet! I mean who doesn’t love wine and dessert, right?!
I have to say that creating my botanical-inspired greenery centerpiece was so simple and so affordable…you can’t go wrong with free clippings from your own backyard! With only three items…greenery, tall clear vases, and votive candles, you will have taken care of your table decor in a jiffy and a stunning one at that! For a dramatic impact, I chose to cut taller branches for height; approximately 22″-26″inches.
I love how the greenery pops against the modern wallpaper and the white lacquer table. This table decor can easily transition from the deep spring/summer green foliage to nature’s splendor of warm autumn color leaves. So give it a try…it’s definitely a wow factor!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
Soothing, pristine white interiors does not stop the striking impact. A jolt of bold color from an accent wall or a large visible graphic wallpaper designed in a monochromatic scheme gives the smallest detail such impact in an art like form. These are interior design choices that are mastered so well by Arizona based interior designer, Jaimee Rose Interiors.
Take a glimpse inside some of these pin worthy interiors!
A contemporary take on a classic wing back chair is done with polished silver nailheads and chair-back pulls; a perfect way to add interest to gorgeous seating. Pair the head chairs with ghost chairs – it makes a statement with chairs that’s barely there.
This master bathroom exactly describes the striking impact I was referring to you earlier. The architectural entryway that leads to an open light-filled room and a stylish over-sized tufted ottoman that seamlessly fits in this glamorous spa-like space. Oh, and we cannot forget about that floor!
Details are so important when furnishing a space and this is one idea I may have to steal (wink).
A pair of accent chairs flanked in front of a well-styled bookcase and a black accent wall with a contrasting neutral palette, sets the tone for this this dramatic living space.
A striking floral wallpaper, gold accents coupled with all-white furnishings has a feminine appeal like no other.
-Photos via Jaimee Rose Interiors
My love (okay…maybe obsession) with feminine things like flowers and candles have always been a favorite of mine. Currently on my desk is my new ‘Plume Candle’ that is adorned in a gorgeous luxe glass vessel! Adorned with a gold jeweled topped peacock plume that is embellished with faux crystals makes this candle holder one that will last for a very long time. After your candle has burned out, you can store away small items in this beautiful vessel.
A fragrant candle sitting on my desk in my studio, instantly boosts my mood and productivity. Likewise, certain scented candles I have on my nightstand in my bedroom, calms and relaxes me. The scents of the Plume candle have light notes of Chinese Flower, Lily Of The Valley, Jasmine, and Musk.
Another favorite candle I have my eye on is this ‘Mariposa Candle”! Perhaps anyone of these can be a Mother’s Day gift (wink).
What are some of your favorite candles you currently having burning in your home?
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez / Studio: Design by Occasion