Posts Tagged ‘Cocktail Recipe’
An adult Halloween party just isn’t complete without a signature cocktail. In the spirit of halloween, we created a libation fueled with mulled blackberries and blueberries for a delicious halloween cocktail! Find the recipe at the end of this post.
To evoke a halloween holiday vibe, craft a batch of this wicked cocktail, I named ‘Violet Haze’. Pour the chilled cocktail in a traditional, yet sophisticated black glassware. Add to the ambiance and set your pre-made cocktails on an old silver tray and attach your hand designed label so when your guests arrive, they can self-serve.
Speaking of ambiance, did you catch my Halloween tablescape inspiration from last week’s post?
Enchanting Hallows’ Eve magic is ready for any moonlit masquerade or bewitching bash.
Cheers and have a Happy Halloween!
-Photos + Recipe by Rose Angel Lopez
- 4 fresh Blackberries, plus more for garnishing
- 6 fresh Blueberries
- 2 oz. Chambord
- 1 oz. Blueberry Stoli Vodka
- ½ oz. Grand Marnier
- Ginger Ale
- Ice Cubes
- Fill a drink shaker with muddled blackberries and blueberries. Then fill with ice cubes; add next 4 ingredients. Cover and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled glass. Top off with a splash of Ginger Ale, gently stir. Garnish with blackberries, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Whether you’re enjoying your evenings by the fire pit or building the first fire of the fall season, savor the cozy moment with this S’mores Cordial cocktail recipe!
This weekend was the first time we uncovered our new fire pit. Now mind you, we had our fire pit for a year now but never had the chance to use it. Starting this weekend, we are expected to feel much cooler temps and a nice way to cozy up by the fire is with a warm S’mores cordial! If you love S’mores, I’ll bet you may just enjoy this cordial that has all the ingredients that makes for a tasty drink.
I adapted this recipe from Mrs Lilien’s Dessert Cocktail Swatchbook. The recipe calls for bourbon but I substituted it with Rum Chata instead and for a bit of sweetness, I added sweetened condensed milk. We loved the warm and creamy flavor of this cocktail! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 Cups of Whole Milk
- 2 TBSP of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Hershey's Bar, break out 3 individual squares
- 4 ounces of Rum Chata
- 2 medium-sized Marshmallows (use jumbo size if you will be using a large cup or mug)
- 3 Graham Crackers, crushed
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, and the chocolate pieces to a simmer and stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Carefully dip the rims of your cup/mug into the hot chocolate mixture and then onto the Graham Cracker Crumbs.
- Torch the tops of the marshmallows. If you don't own a torch - turn your oven to broil. Place a piece of Parchment Paper on a baking sheet then place your marshmallows on top and place baking sheet on the top rack. Depending on your oven, it should only take 1-2 minutes to brown.
- Pour 1 cup of hot chocolate into each cup and add 2 ounces of Rum Chata in each cup and stir.
- Top each cup with a marshmallow and serve warm.
-Pictures by Rose Angel Lopez
I’m a sucker for picking out bottles with pretty labels…from candles and wine bottles to champagne and liqueur bottles. Baileys knocked it out of the park with the branding for their recently launched Almande Almondmilk Liqueur that is not only dairy free but gluten free too. Have you tried it yet?
For your convenience, Baileys added three recipes on the back of each liqueur bottle for you to try. I decided to mix two of their recipes that included coconut water and blended for that frappé taste. The blended combination of nutty, vanilla and coconut flavors, tasted deliciously light and refreshing! This liqueur is perfect for adding to certain cocktails… I’ll be testing out different recipes for the holidays this year!
Grab a bottle and make hosting a breeze with this simple cocktail recipe for your next girls night-in or weekend brunch!
3 oz. Baileys Almande
3 oz. Coconut Water (I used Goya brand)
1/2 cup of Ice
Blend and Serve
Double up on ingredients to make 2 servings
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez / *This is NOT a sponsored post.
Happy Friday!! What better way to kick off the long holiday weekend than with a delicious cocktail..am I right?! Sometimes the best desserts come in the form of a cocktail and what better way to have the best of both worlds. If you love sweet and creamy cocktails, then I bet you will enjoy my decadent ‘White Chocolate-Raspberry Cream’ drink. An added bonus is the Lindor Dark Chocolate Truffle that I garnished this cocktail with…it’s a great treat to enjoy when you have reached the bottom of your empty glass! For this easy to make cocktail recipe, keep reading below.
A BIG thank you to all the men and women fighting for the security for all of us, to keep us safe. Wishing you all a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend!
- 1 ounce, Vodka
- 2 ounces, Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
- 3/4 ounces, Chambord Raspberry Liqueur
- 1/4 ounces, White Chocolate Raspberry Coffee Creamer
- Crushed Ice
- Whipped Cream and a Dark Chocolate Truffle, cut the shell in half (I used Lindor brand)
- In a cocktail shaker, add crushed ice and all the ingredients.
- Shake and pour
- Garnish with Whipped Cream and top it with two halves of the chocolate truffle
- Serve and Enjoy!
Recipe + Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
This weekend was a super busy one! Between working and cleaning the house in preparation of family visiting from out-of-town, we were non-stop. By the time Sunday night rolled around, we finally finished and found ourselves deep in our lounge chairs wishing we didn’t have to get up. An end of the weekend libation was in order, so we headed to our bar to see what we can mix up. I typically have a glass of wine as cocktail of choice but I was in the mood for just a little something different.
My better half prefers stiffer drinks but I prefer to sip on cocktails that are more on the sweeter/creamier side. I’m in no way an expert mixologist but I know what I like and this two ingredient cocktail was super easy and tasty. I combined Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur and Black Cherry Effen Vodka and added a couple of maraschino cherries and voila…a nice flavor combination! If you want to add a bit of sweetness to this cocktail, add some whipped cream.
*Makes 1 drink
2 ounces of Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
1 ounce of Black Cherry Effen Vodka
2 Maraschino Cherries, plus 2 for garnishing
In a glass, combine the two ingredients. Add ice, two maraschino cherries and stir. Garnish with two more maraschino cherries on a cocktail stick and serve.
-photos + recipe by Rose Angel Lopez