Posts Tagged ‘alcoholic coffee drink’
When it comes to coffee, I do not discriminate…I will drink regular coffee, flavored coffee, hot coffee, iced coffee, or once in a blue moon, a decadent spiked coffee drink. No matter the weather, I enjoying drinking coffee in any season and in anytime of the day. On Saturday, we woke up to unseasonably cool weather…a break from the hot summer days. The breezy air was a glimpse of fall-like weather. While we expect more warmer days ahead. On that particular day, the early evening called for a cozy spot at the fire pit accompanied by an after-dinner coffee cocktail in hand.
I went through my gourmet coffee drink recipe book and decided to try out the ‘Amaretto-Rum Cappuccino’. Hot or cold, this deliciously flavored almond-cream coffee drink made for a great-tasting pick-me-up. Whether you are looking for a boozy brunch libation or an after dinner treat, you will enjoy every sip of this flavorful and creamy concoction.
- Single Espresso (1½ ounces of extremely strong-tasting coffee)
- 1½ tsp. amaretto
- 1½ tsp. rum
- 1½ tsp creme de cacao
- 3 ounces of milk, steamed
- ¼ cup heavy cream, whipped
- Sliced almonds, for garnish
- Mix the espresso, amaretto, rum, and creme de cacao in a glass. Add 1½ ounces steamed milk and 1½ ounces milk foam. Top with whipped cream and garnish with almond slices.
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez / Recipe by Making Your Own Gourmet Coffee Drinks recipe book