Archive for the ‘decor & interiors’ Category
Pure and simple, trays are definitely functional and we typically use them to keep items organized in our office, on our kitchen counter, for our makeup – just to name a few. We also use trays when entertaining guests, to present food and cocktails. I like to use them for all of these purposes, but I also like to glam up a part of my living space by using decorative trays for visual impact!
Today, I’m sharing how I used two trays, in two different ways, in two different areas of my home.
In the Dining Room…
Decorative Gold Mirrored Tray used to hold taper candles and flowers
This large decorative mirrored tray would look great on a bar to display your liqueur decanters or to house your bar cart essentials but I chose to use it on our dining room table as a centerpiece. For a stylish and elegant look, I took a variety of crystal candle holders in different shapes and sizes, inserted white taper candles and placed them on this mirrored tray. To add to the glam look, I added votive glass holders and placed all white flowers that creates a softer look. I’m a huge fan of ambience and dining alongside this centerpiece does just that! Flickering candlelights bounces on top of the tray’s stunning mirrored surface – which gives it even more luster.
In the Bedroom…
Decorative Gold & Marble Tray used to group bedroom/vanity decor accessories
This sophisticated marble tray with its gold trim and ornate handles is a perfect way to dress up a vanity. With a little #shelfie styling in our custom built-in closet, I’m using this decorative tray to hold some of my favorite things. By grouping these items, it somehow looks intentional and I love how the color coordinates with the brushed gold cabinet hardware!
I love the many uses of a decorative tray. Let us know in the comments section below, what are some of the ways you use yours – we’d love to know!
Trays were purchased from Home Goods.
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
Happy 1st day of Spring, everyone!!
When it comes to the change of seasons from winter to spring, I like to do a little re-decorating by swapping things out from cozy & warm to lighter & brighter! I typically start with the throws and decorative pillows located on the sofa to swapping out items on my tray that sits on the ottoman in the living room. Below are steps I use when curating the perfect collection on my tray for the new spring season!
How To Style a Chic Decorative Tray for Spring in 5 Easy Steps:
- Display a decorative object for character. I swapped out my tree branch design hurricane candle holders to a gold and marble figurine statue, found at Home Goods. Displaying a decorative object is like a piece of art and can be a conversational piece.
- Add some living nature. Add a beautiful arrangement of flowers that complements your decor and furnishings. Flowers and/or plants, instantly adds life to a tray. I love the colors of the ‘Esperance roses’ I selected. The color combination between light pink (that coordinates well with my blush toss pillows) and cream (compliments my ivory sofa) with a touch of green on the outer petals (green starts popping out everywhere in spring), make this light and bright rose very special.
- Add a stack of books. I love to add to my collection of coffee table books. Not only are they beautiful and inspiring, a stack of books will create height and elevate your flower arrangement and/or decor pieces. Find some new books that have decor ideas for spring.
- Display a scented candle. Scented candles serve as a dual purpose. Not only do they permeate a lovely fragrance in a room but they also add evening ambience with its flickering light. I swapped out my spicy-scented winter candle that had notes of either tobacco, bergamot, or clove to a fragrance that evokes the freshness of spring. I absolutely love when candles are housed in pretty boxes and/or jars. I found my white box with a rose gold topper on sale at ZGallerie. Unfortunately, it is no longer available online but they do sell others, that are just as pretty. Since the lid on the candle box is typically covered, I also added a mini scented candle and placed a glass dome on top.
- Add stylish coasters. I swapped out my darker coasters for gorgeous gold rimmed marble ones that I found at TJMaxx. Adding a stack of coasters on your tray is a great central location for guests to easily find when having drinks in hand.
The look of my tray essentials can easily transition to the summer months but I have a feeling I might just swap out a thing for two…because frankly – I can’t help myself!
Have a great week!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
Move over gold and silver, warm and shiny metallic metals like rose gold and copper are showing up more and more in home decor accessories and furniture. Adding some sparkle in your home with these pretty finishes is a perfect way to accentuate your space and lends a casual sophistication.
Above is my round-up of some of my favorite decor and kitchen essentials for your home.
Have you ever found yourself looking through the pages of a magazine, filled with exquisite interiors and run across a featured space that visually displays an evocative atmosphere where you just look at every detail? (hand raised) That of course, has happend to me plenty of times – to the point that it inspires me to make a few minor changes to my own space. Whether it’s a simple decor accessorie update or redoing a furniture placement, or frankly it has me daydreaming of beautiful spaces.
Chicago based interior designer, Wendy Labrum did that for me with her alluring style and elegant living design that she offers to her clients. Scroll down and view just a few of her inspiring spaces that had me excited to feature her work here, on today’s post!
Black and gold interiors have been around for a long time as the combination exudes luxury and high style.
Crisp white walls and white and grey marble countertop offset the deep taupe sofa and metallic finish coffee tables. Ghost chairs keeps the small area from looking to heavy with furniture and a gold chandelier is the jewel of the room. The furnishings and decor accessories choices showcases a warm, comfortable, yet elegant living space.
A dark wood cabinet with a contrasting white countertop and backsplash is always a good idea. Having upper cabinet doors made out of shiny chrome and glass door inserts is such a beautiful way to reflect high style and modern glam.
A wonderful way to show how you can incorporate a variety of metals and wood finishes that compliment each other.
A sophisticated, yet inviting and cozy bedroom.
To see more stunning interior spaces, head on over to Wendy Labrum Interiors!
Photos via Wendy Labrum Interiors
When I thought about a fall tablescape, I wanted to create something beautiful that highlights fall, as you dine with friends. When I think of the autumn season, the first word that comes to mind is ‘cozy’. Whether you are dining by a roaring fire or set up a cluster of pillar candles down the center of a table; it instantly brings a warm inviting ambiance and is a perfect way to spend an evening with friends, family, wine and the fall flavors of a comforting harvest fare.
For my cozy, fall tablescape, I dressed the table with a quilted textured fabric that was soft to the touch and also brought that warm element I was after. The color of the fabric had a combination of gray, purple and blue hues. The fabric color allowed my gold rimmed white antique dinnerware to stand out.
DINNERWARE & PLACE SETTINGS
I mixed some antique white milk glass salad dishes and candlestick holders with my gold flatware. The combination of gold accents and pops of white add a modern touch to this welcoming table. At each place setting, I placed a mini white pumpkin along with a festive tented place card.
For the floral centerpiece, I used a mix of white hydrangeas and white floral stems to coordinate with the white table settings, dried snow cone hydrangeas added a different texture and red and green foliage stems. I incorporated pears and plums to the tablescape to add texture and capture different colors the autumn season.
I hope my ideas of colors and the look of mixing antiques with modern elements will help you in creating your cozy fall look. Celebrate and enjoy this time of year with those you love.
-Photos + Tablescape Styling by Rose Angel Lopez