Archive for the ‘decor & interiors’ Category
Photo credit: Stylish Petite
I bet I’m not the only one that has noticed the pineapple motif trending in all of our favorite stores! Are you a fan? When it comes to home decor, you won’t find me adding pineapple accessories everywhere. I will however, approve of adding a scented candle housed in a pineapple jar, a gold pineapple with a lid to place on top of your bar cart, or even a cute pineapple kitchen accessory.
Pineapples are not only found in home decor but partyware as well. From summer themed parties to destination weddings, pineapples are taking center stage on styled tablescapes. With the warmer summer months just around the corner, it will be the perfect time to entertain and host your tropical summer party outdoors! Just a word of caution when planning a themed party, let your theme shine through the details…remember, “less is more”.
To help with your entertaining ideas, I’ve sourced some party items to help plan your party.
For the Kiddos…
For the Adults…
If someone was to ask me what’s my favorite room of our house, I would have to say “our living room” and my second favorite is definitely the master bedroom! We have a few projects on our ‘wish list’ that we would like to tackle in the living room and hopefully can start by the end of this year. I love that our living room is wide in size – which helps in creating different zones and this is what we would like to achieve in the near future.
When you walk into our living room, you will always see a fresh flower arrangement taking center stage on a tray stationed on the ottoman. I’m pretty spoiled when it comes to being able to have fresh flowers every other week…it’s one of my guilty pleasures! Fresh blooms simply brightens my day, they never disappoint, they are perfection in every way and it adds such prettiness to any room. This week, I received a spring bouquet of pink tulips in different shades. I decided to not peel off all the leaves and didn’t cut the stem too low. I love when a floral arrangement is not too structured and when working with tulips, especially, I let its natural beauty flow freely as they perk up and point in different directions. I call it ‘dancing tulips’ as they appear to go where they want amongst each other. Oh, what boquet excitement!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
This DIY is a simple way to transform your ordinary coasters to fashionably functional with its coveted look of gold edges!
On our bedside tables, we typically like to have a glass of water beside us or enjoy our morning coffee in the bedroom, while getting ready for the day. It’s important to protect the surface of the nightstands from watermarks or drink stains, so in order to avoid possible spills or damage, I like to use coasters. I purchased these gold rimmed coasters and have them displayed on the tray in the living room and I couldn’t find similar ones, since I wanted to coordinate with some of the gold decor elements in the bedroom. As an alternative, I found white marble coasters with subtle grey veining throughout and with a simple and easy DIY – I applied gold leaf to the four edges of the coasters.
I love the sophisticated, sparkling appearance the gold leaf adds to the marble coasters and it coordinates so well on top of the all-white nightstands. The best part of this DIY gold leaf application is the fact that it doesn’t have to look perfect! Each side of the coaster has its own imperfect character. If you prefer cleaner edges, I would suggest using paint or spray paint to acheive that look.
-Photos + DIY by Rose Angel Lopez
Pure and simple, trays are definitely functional and we typically use them to keep items organized in our office, on our kitchen counter, for our makeup – just to name a few. We also use trays when entertaining guests, to present food and cocktails. I like to use them for all of these purposes, but I also like to glam up a part of my living space by using decorative trays for visual impact!
Today, I’m sharing how I used two trays, in two different ways, in two different areas of my home.
In the Dining Room…
Decorative Gold Mirrored Tray used to hold taper candles and flowers
This large decorative mirrored tray would look great on a bar to display your liqueur decanters or to house your bar cart essentials but I chose to use it on our dining room table as a centerpiece. For a stylish and elegant look, I took a variety of crystal candle holders in different shapes and sizes, inserted white taper candles and placed them on this mirrored tray. To add to the glam look, I added votive glass holders and placed all white flowers that creates a softer look. I’m a huge fan of ambience and dining alongside this centerpiece does just that! Flickering candlelights bounces on top of the tray’s stunning mirrored surface – which gives it even more luster.
In the Bedroom…
Decorative Gold & Marble Tray used to group bedroom/vanity decor accessories
This sophisticated marble tray with its gold trim and ornate handles is a perfect way to dress up a vanity. With a little #shelfie styling in our custom built-in closet, I’m using this decorative tray to hold some of my favorite things. By grouping these items, it somehow looks intentional and I love how the color coordinates with the brushed gold cabinet hardware!
I love the many uses of a decorative tray. Let us know in the comments section below, what are some of the ways you use yours – we’d love to know!
Trays were purchased from Home Goods.
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
Happy 1st day of Spring, everyone!!
When it comes to the change of seasons from winter to spring, I like to do a little re-decorating by swapping things out from cozy & warm to lighter & brighter! I typically start with the throws and decorative pillows located on the sofa to swapping out items on my tray that sits on the ottoman in the living room. Below are steps I use when curating the perfect collection on my tray for the new spring season!
How To Style a Chic Decorative Tray for Spring in 5 Easy Steps:
- Display a decorative object for character. I swapped out my tree branch design hurricane candle holders to a gold and marble figurine statue, found at Home Goods. Displaying a decorative object is like a piece of art and can be a conversational piece.
- Add some living nature. Add a beautiful arrangement of flowers that complements your decor and furnishings. Flowers and/or plants, instantly adds life to a tray. I love the colors of the ‘Esperance roses’ I selected. The color combination between light pink (that coordinates well with my blush toss pillows) and cream (compliments my ivory sofa) with a touch of green on the outer petals (green starts popping out everywhere in spring), make this light and bright rose very special.
- Add a stack of books. I love to add to my collection of coffee table books. Not only are they beautiful and inspiring, a stack of books will create height and elevate your flower arrangement and/or decor pieces. Find some new books that have decor ideas for spring.
- Display a scented candle. Scented candles serve as a dual purpose. Not only do they permeate a lovely fragrance in a room but they also add evening ambience with its flickering light. I swapped out my spicy-scented winter candle that had notes of either tobacco, bergamot, or clove to a fragrance that evokes the freshness of spring. I absolutely love when candles are housed in pretty boxes and/or jars. I found my white box with a rose gold topper on sale at ZGallerie. Unfortunately, it is no longer available online but they do sell others, that are just as pretty. Since the lid on the candle box is typically covered, I also added a mini scented candle and placed a glass dome on top.
- Add stylish coasters. I swapped out my darker coasters for gorgeous gold rimmed marble ones that I found at TJMaxx. Adding a stack of coasters on your tray is a great central location for guests to easily find when having drinks in hand.
The look of my tray essentials can easily transition to the summer months but I have a feeling I might just swap out a thing for two…because frankly – I can’t help myself!
Have a great week!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez