Indulge mom or the special woman in your life this mother’s day with an exceptional dessert!
Who doesn’t love flowers, right? I’ve rounded up a beautiful collection of 10 delectable desserts that are infused with a subtle floral flavor and others that highlight the spring season with its exquisite floral decorations! Celebrate the day and try out any of these recipes that your mom will appreciate.
via Candy Company
Edible flowers? YES! Surprise mom and bring her some edible springtime flowers by arranging them in a lovely bouquet.
via hapa nom nom
These rose-shaped desserts have all the ingredients that not only make them pretty but tasty as well!
via Sugar and Charm
Cupcakes to pretty to eat! Bring some springtime to the party by turning ordinary cupcakes into gorgeous hydrangeas with easy frosted decorating tips.
A celebration with champagne is always a good idea and it doesn’t get any better when you add it in your dessert! Presenting this cake in a champagne glass adds a touch of elegance!
Oh, how I love the subtle perfumed flavor of lavender. I imagine this cake will have your taste buds delighted as you feel you are transported to the English countryside!
via Le Petit Eats
A few drops of rose water turns any dessert into a delicacy. I love how simple and sweet these pale blush rose-shaped meringues look!
via Preppy Kitchen
Now, who doesn’t love peonies?! Especially when it’s a large bloom decorated on a classic vanilla cake! This individual-sized cake is perfect to package in a box, tied with a bow.
Oh, the combination of flavors in these macarons have me craving to try this recipe right away! Add these onto a beautiful tray to gift to your mom and add decorate by sprinkling a few rose petals and if you can get your hands on an orange blossom flower to place in the center – you have made a beautiful presentation!
via Somewhat Simple
Does your mom love to garden? Well these sugar cookie flower pots will surely bring a smile to her face! Get creative by packaging these cuties in a picket fence planter box.
via The Gunny Sack
Perfect for spring…another fun recipe and easy DIY are these adorable and fun flower pot cookies with bright pops of color!
Photo credit: Stylish Petite
I bet I’m not the only one that has noticed the pineapple motif trending in all of our favorite stores! Are you a fan? When it comes to home decor, you won’t find me adding pineapple accessories everywhere. I will however, approve of adding a scented candle housed in a pineapple jar, a gold pineapple with a lid to place on top of your bar cart, or even a cute pineapple kitchen accessory.
Pineapples are not only found in home decor but partyware as well. From summer themed parties to destination weddings, pineapples are taking center stage on styled tablescapes. With the warmer summer months just around the corner, it will be the perfect time to entertain and host your tropical summer party outdoors! Just a word of caution when planning a themed party, let your theme shine through the details…remember, “less is more”.
To help with your entertaining ideas, I’ve sourced some party items to help plan your party.
For the Kiddos…
For the Adults…
With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, I couldn’t resist letting the holiday pass without sharing a delicious mexican-inspired dessert. This dessert recipe is a mix between a Sopaipilla and Churros – using pastry dough, cinnamon sugar and chocolate sauce. However, this recipe does not call for the pastry puff to be fried but baked.
This recipe was simple to make and when served warm, these flaky pastries, dusted with cinnamon sugar, filled with sweet ripe bananas, and dipped in a delectable chocolate sauce is – guaranteed to be a party pleaser!
This ‘Chocolate-Dipped Banana Empanadas dessert gives a new twist to your Cinco de Mayo dessert. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
- FOR THE BANANA EMPANADAS:
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry, cut into half lengthwise
- 2 ripe sweet bananas
- 1-2 tsp. sugar
- ¼ juice of a fresh lime
- melted butter for brushing
- Cinnamon Sugar, for dusting (I used McCormick brand)
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- ½ heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1½ tsp. instant espresso coffee granules
- 6-8 broken pieces of plain high quality chocolate of choice (I used Ghiradeli chocolate brand)
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Remove one packet of your Puff Pastry sheet from the box and follow the directions on the box to defrost.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Once defrosted, with a rolling pin, roll out your sheet (I rolled mine out 3 x's back and forth)
- Cut your sheet diagonally, creating 8 triangles.
- Peel and dice bananas and place in a bowl. Add sugar and lime juice and stir to combine.
- Brush the edges of each triangle sheet with melted butter (this will help seal when folded)
- Place a couple of teaspoons of the banana in one corner of the pastry and then fold over into a triangle shape. Use the back of a fork to press enclose the filling. Brush the top of each filled pastry with melted butter. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown.
- While pastries are baking, make the chocolate sauce.
- Stir the cream and sugar together in a small saucepan. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the cream. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat., remove from heat, and stir in the coffee granules and chocolate. Stir until melted, about 1 minute. Whisk until shiny and smooth, then whisk in the butter.
- Remove pastries from oven and immediately dust with Cinnamon Sugar.
- Spoon the chocolate sauce into an individual serving bowl or top empanadas with sauce. Serve warm not hot.
If someone was to ask me what’s my favorite room of our house, I would have to say “our living room” and my second favorite is definitely the master bedroom! We have a few projects on our ‘wish list’ that we would like to tackle in the living room and hopefully can start by the end of this year. I love that our living room is wide in size – which helps in creating different zones and this is what we would like to achieve in the near future.
When you walk into our living room, you will always see a fresh flower arrangement taking center stage on a tray stationed on the ottoman. I’m pretty spoiled when it comes to being able to have fresh flowers every other week…it’s one of my guilty pleasures! Fresh blooms simply brightens my day, they never disappoint, they are perfection in every way and it adds such prettiness to any room. This week, I received a spring bouquet of pink tulips in different shades. I decided to not peel off all the leaves and didn’t cut the stem too low. I love when a floral arrangement is not too structured and when working with tulips, especially, I let its natural beauty flow freely as they perk up and point in different directions. I call it ‘dancing tulips’ as they appear to go where they want amongst each other. Oh, what boquet excitement!
-Photos by Rose Angel Lopez
How are you celebrating Mother’s Day this year? If you need a few ideas, we’ve got you covered today with these elegant tea party ideas!
Mother’s Day is all about showing mom just how much you appreciate everything she’s done for you. Therefore, what’s more perfect than showering her with an afternoon of delicate pastries paired with her favorite teas? Plus, a tea party is the perfect opportunity to put on those sun dresses you’ve been saving for the spring!
To help you plan the perfect Mother’s Day celebration, FTD curated the best tea party ideas around. They created these mood boards featuring ideas for unique centerpieces, creative finger foods and drinks to serve, as well as elegant tablescape ideas to impress mom!
Check out the ideas below to get started on planning the ultimate treat for mom this Mother’s Day!
Top right Photo by: Kristyn Hogan , Florals & Styling: Cedarwood Weddings | Middle left Photo by: Tiny Tots Toy Hire | Middle right Photo by: Pinwheel Collective | Bottom left Photo by: Claire Macintyre Photography |Bottom right Photo by: Ken Kienow Photography