Happy Friday, everyone! I was recently invited as a guest by Table Magazine to attend a release signing cookbook event by wellness coach and author, Lindsey Smith (stay tuned – I’ll be sharing a post on that next week!). As part of my ‘Friday’s Favorite Finds’ blog post series, I wanted to first share with you a few of my favorite finds from the beautifully curated shop the event was hosted at… House 15143, located in Sewickley, PA. After living in PA for nearly 10+ years, I have never visited this borough…shameful, isn’t it! Upon arriving to Sewickley village, I was impressed by the large beautiful homes (that’s the HGTV part of me) and the quaint downtown area filled with restaurants and boutique stores (I felt like I stepped into a Hallmark movie set!) I can’t wait to return to Sewickley because we went during the evening hours, so it was quite dark outside.
The lovely ladies, Danielle and Kristin are the owners of this stylish, chic and modern shop. I just love, love, love boutique stores that carry home decor, entertaining essentials and unique gifting and House 15143 was just that and more! If you’re looking for graphic art prints – look no further, they have a wide selection of prints to choose from that suit your personality. If you’re in need of something custom, no problem, they have an in-house graphic designer who can design and create it for you. In addition to the unique products they sell, they also offer decorating services and host cooking classes in their in-house kitchen, featuring local chefs and restaurants! If you live in the Pittsburgh or surrounding areas, you can view their upcoming events, here.
Check out below for my favorite finds that I purchased and a glimpse inside House 15143 via a video snippet I created, at the end of this post.
I was pretty obsessed with all the eye candy that surrounded me as I stepped foot into House 15143. The first thing I noticed was the large floor-to-ceiling display of luxury candles. You guys know how obsessed I am with scented soy candles, so it was no surprise that one of them was going home with me! As you’ve noticed from the pictures above, I snagged a few other items:
- Candle-Match Bottles. An apothecary jar with a built-in, strike-on-bottle design that also features a printed message on the bottle. I also a tall glass bottle with cork top that includes oversized candle matches. Pairing these candle match bottles with your scented candles is a convenient and beautiful way to display on your coffee table.
- A Luxury Scented Candle. There was a wide selection of fragrant candles to choose from and ultimately, I went with a Sydney Hale Co. candle. The scent reminds me of summers at the beach which was probably purposeful, since the name of the scent is ‘Sweet Water’! I’m looking forward to lighting this candle after the winter months have passed.
- Prosecco Cocktails Recipe Book. Since I love to entertain this cocktail recipe book is perfect for when hosting a brunch – after all Prosecco cocktails and brunch go hand-in-hand! I’ll be sure to share recipes with you on the blog so that you can try them at home too!
- Brass-plated Wine Bar Sign. I haven’t shared this with you yet but I have recently turned our bar cart into wine cart. When I saw this Wine Bar sign, I knew it would be a perfect addition to the bar cart. I’m going to have to think of a creative way of displaying it since it is meant to be screwed into a wall or cabinetry. Stay tuned for this!
- Tea Towel. With Valentine’s day just around the corner, I was smitten with the tea towel that an illustration of a tree with a red heart hanging from one of the branches. The message on the tea towel reads: ‘ love grows here’. I have another tea towel that was gifted with a purchase of Lyndsey’s cookbook. It read
- Wooden Serving Board. Ok, you guys, I’ve been searching high and low for a large wooden serving board and I was ecstatic when I saw this one! At-home entertaining just got more fun – look out for an epic charcuterie and cheese board…a future ‘how-to’ blog post! I can’t wait to use this massive woodend display board.
- Beverage Napkins. I collect a variety of bev napkins to have readily available for any occasion and I couldn’t resist the black and white stripe ‘Cheers’ ones that I picked up.
Whenever I can, I like to support local shops and I’m happy I found another store I foresee visiting frequently!
*This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
-Photos + video by Rose Angel Lopez
Leave a Reply