It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving day is only 3 weeks away! With all the preparation involved, if there’s one thing you can prepare ahead of time, that’s your tablescape. If you will be hosting Thanksgiving this year and need some tablescape inspiration, keeping reading!
Give thanks in style and see how you can create this white & gold Thanksgiving tablescape. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen a sneak peek of the video I posted of this tablescape. Today, I’ll share how you can bring the unexpected elegance to the table by combining simple elements that sets the festive mood as you welcome your guests to the dinner table. Best of all, you may already own most of the items needed to recreate this table look!
Get the Look…
Infuse your thanksgiving table with a sense of glamorous sophistication! The clean and crisp white gave the table a classic feel and adding gold, gave a touch of shine and twinkle to the table – the duo color palette accentuates the elegant look.
Table Linen & Dinner Napkins:
- To help set the scene for a gathering with friends and family, I kept it simple, yet classy and elegant. Start off by dressing your table with a white tablecloth (I purchased mine from, here) and use coordinating dinner napkins. I placed the top portion of each dinner napkin underneath each dinner plate and let the remaining gently hang over the table.
- For your table setting, you will want to coordinate your look with gold-rimmed dinnerware, flatware and glassware. Let’s start out with the dinnerware. I found these stunning dinner plates and bowls from Home Goods. Guys, it was love at first sight!! If you don’t own gold-rimmed dinnerware, check these out from Dollar Tree! They sell them in a bulk of 12 which is great when hosting a large crowd!
- This past summer, for my birthday present, my mom, sister, and significant other, each purchased me these beautifully designed Lekoch white and gold flatware from Amazon, so that I can have a set of eight. When pairing these two items together, it gave off a sleek and luxurious look!
- For the wine and water glasses, I used my antique gold-rimmed ones I had for a while now. If you are looking for vintage gold-rimmed wine glasses, hop on over to Etsy, many sellers have a variety of styles available to purchase. Otherwise, you can find them here or here.
- Creating this table requires little tasks that can help you tackle! No flowers required on this table…no need to stop at the grocery store or the florist. If you want flowers, save those arrangements for other common areas in your home. If you’re one who loves white pumpkins (like I do) you may already have a few decorated around your house. Depending on the length of your table, grab a bunch of pumpkins in assorted sizes from medium to mini.
- For a glowing arrangement, add a few off-white unscented pillar candles (I purchased mine from Ikea). Place the candles on glass candle holders (similar ones found, here). By arranging and grouping the assorted sized pumpkins and candles down the center of your table, you will create a striking display that becomes a focal point on the dining table.
- While I did add white linen dinner napkins, I had to add these ‘Wine Turkey Pie’ – Rose Gold Foil Thanksgiving Napkins from Laura Hooper Calligraphy. Sometimes guests like to have a handy paper napkin available (wink, wink) and these are not only festive but pretty too!
- Put on the finishing touch to your Thanksgiving table by adding personalized place cards. I used the forks as my place card holder to display guest names. To coordinate with the color scheme, I went into my party stationery stash and used white place cards with a gold border.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you’ve enjoyed my inspiration for preparing your Thanksgiving tablescape!
-Photos & Table Styling by Design by Occasion
Leave a Reply