March 20th officially marks the change of seasons but with ‘Storm Stella’ looming around some of us in the East Coast, it doesn’t feel like spring is near. With the very cold temps outside, I craved a hot beverage to keep me warm. I whipped up my favorite Lavender Hot Chocolate recipe! To recreate this simple recipe, the two main ingredients I use are Silly Cow Chocolate Moo-usse Hot Chocolate and Pepper Creek Farms French Blue Lavender.
Naturally sweetened chocolate, infused with lavender buds, topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings – makes this blended hot chocolate oh, so gourmet!
- 2 cups, Milk (whole or skim is optional)
- 1 Tbsp, Lavender Buds
- 2 Tbsp, Hot Chocolate Mix
- Whipped Cream and Chocolate Shavings for topping
- Pour 2 cups of milk into your liquid measuring cup.
- Combine Milk and lavender buds in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Be sure to stir occasionally and do not let mixture come to a boil. Once you see steam, lower heat and let mixture simmer.
- Add hot chocolate mixture and stir until chocolate is melted and and mixture is smooth. Continue to let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain mixture back into measuring cup and then pour the lavender hot chocolate in two cups.
- Top lavender hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings
-Photos + Recipe by Rose Angel Lopez
Leave a Reply