The summer brings a lot of outdoor summer entertaining so if you are planning to host an upcoming outdoor summer soiree or a summer cocktail party, it’s nice to create and prepare a signature cocktail for your guests to enjoy and one that is light & refreshing when out in very warm temperatures. Today’s post features my mouth-watering Italian Mule that is a perfect summer cocktail!
I prepared this classic cocktail in my gold bottom highball glasses (found similar ones here and here) – rather than pouring it into copper mugs that are traditionally used for moscow mule cocktails. And for sipping on the delicious cocktail, I used my glass straws.
Cheers to spirited conversation and merry mingling that makes for a party to remember!
-Photos + Recipe by Rose Angel Lopez
- 2 oz, Vodka (I used Absolut)
- 2 oz, Limoncello Liqueur (I used Pallini Roma)
- 8.4 oz, Ginger Beer (I used Stoli)
- splash, Simple Syrup (optional)
- 1, Fresh Lemon
- 1 cup, crushed ice
- Garnish: lemon peel
- Cut ½ of a whole lemon into thin slices and place inside a medium-sized pitcher. Set aside the remaining lemon half.
- Using the same pitcher, combine crushed ice, Vodka, Limoncello, freshly squeezed lemon juice from the remaining lemon, top with Ginger Beer and add a splash of simple syrup (optional). Stir.
- Moisten the rim of your drinking glass with lemon, turn your glass upside down and in a shallow bowl, dip the rim in sugar.
- Pour your cocktail in glasses, garnish with lemon peel
One Comment on “Entertaining: A SUMMER COCKTAIL RECIPE – ‘ITALIAN MULE’”
Leave a Reply