One of the things I love most about the spring and summer months is being able to use the outdoor grill and cook up quick and easy weeknight dinners. One of my favorite go-to dinners is my delicious and easy to prepare Garlicky Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad recipe.
Grilled to perfection, chicken with fresh garlic as the main ingredient, doesn’t get any more flavorful. For a fuss free entree, I arrange the chicken on a bed of romaine lettuce, croutons and instead of using parmesan cheese, I use the sweet and nutty flavor of asiago cheese and finish it off with a drizzle of caesar salad dressing.
Celebrate the warm weather, fire up the grill tonight and enjoy!
-Photo + Recipe by Rose Angel Lopez
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 pound of skinless boneless chicken breasts
- salt and ground black pepper to taste (the seasoning I prefer is Adobo)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- ½ cup plain or flavored croutons
- ¼ cup of shredded asiago cheese, plus more for garnishing
- caesar dressing
- Heat up grill and brush racks with olive oil
- Mince garlic cloves and place in small bowl; add olive oil, set aside
- Clean and pat chicken dry and place in a medium bowl, coat with the garlic and olive oil mixture, then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, then turn to coat chicken breasts
- Place chicken on grill and cook, turning over once, until just cooked through, 14 to 16 minutes total.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Add romaine, cheese, dressing, and croutons and toss, arrange chicken over the romaine and drizzle with dressing. Serve warm.
Leave a Reply