Are you guys looking forward to the long Memorial holiday weekend? Traditionally, this holiday is the kickoff time to firing up your outdoor grill so if you’ll be throwing a backyard party to gather with friends and family – today’s featured dessert recipe is not only delicious, it’s easy and involves grilling slices of Sara Lees all butter pound cake and adding a warm triple berry topping. A tablespoon of Chambord liqueur brings out the raspberry flavor of this triple berry sauce.
This red, white, and blue dessert recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser! If you want to add a little cool to this warm and flavorful dessert, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream! You can find the full recipe at the end of this post!
- fresh raspberries
- fresh strawberries
- fresh blueberries
- ***combination of triple berries should equal 2½ cups***
- ⅓ cup, sugar
- (2) ¼ tsp, corn starch
- 1 tbsp, Smuker's Red Raspberry Seedless Jam
- 1 tbsp, Chambord Liqueur
- Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake
- Whipped Cream (Reddi Whip), optional
- Remove frozen Pound Cake from its original package and follow package instructions on defrosting.
- Place the raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, sugar, ¼ water, corn starch, raspberry jam and chambord in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and let simmer for 4 minutes.
- Remove saucepan off heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Heat up your outdoor grill or stovetop grill to medium/high heat (I sprayed Pam on my indoor grill). Slice pound cake into 8 slices (apprx. 1 inch thick) and place each slice on the grill. Watch closely as it takes less than a minute for the grill lines to appear on the pound cake. Turn over just once.
- Pour a spoonful of triple berry sauce onto your grilled pound cake. Top with whipped cream (optional).
- Serve & Enjoy!
-Photos + Recipe by Rose Angel Lopez
Leave a Reply