When it comes to assorted types of fruit in my salad, I typically eat more of it during the summer months. However, with apples being in season during the fall, you can take those leftover apples you may have from baking that fresh apples pie (wink) and make this tasty ‘Apple & Grape Walnut Salad’. It’s a great side dish to your beef, pork, chicken or turkey entree!
- 2 Red Apples
- 1 Cup of Red Seedless Grapes
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Bunch Mint
- ¼ cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Walnut, chopped
- Peel and cut the apples in cubes; in a medium-sized bowl, toss with the juice of ½ lemon wedge to prevent apples from browning.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- Slice each grape in half and place in apple bowl.
- Roughly chop the walnuts and add the feta cheese; combine with the apples and grapes.
- Remove the stems from the mint leaves and finely chop. Toss the salad.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and paper to taste.
-Pictures by Rose Angel Lopez
Leave a Reply