With kids officially starting the first day of school this week (at least where I live), and summer drawing near, what better way to celebrate then by hosting an Ice Cream Social. It’s an easy and fun gathering and its something the kids can look forward to before or over the Labor Day weekend. Ice cream socials are a fun way to serve dessert as family and friends will enjoy making their own sundae creations with their favorite toppings.
Here are my tips for creating an appealing ice cream themed bar:
- Set up your table buffet style
- Have at least three flavors of ice cream (I went basic with vanilla, strawberry and chocolate)
- In order for the buffet line to move along quickly, have more than one ice cream scooper on the table
- Offer options for your guests to either create their own sundae using a bowl or an ice cream cone
- Add an assortment of delicious topping options in different individual containers (I say you can never have too many!)
- Add some decorative touches and you are ready to celebrate!
Below are some topping ideas:
- Mini Marshmallows
- Strawberry topping
- Pineapple topping
- Sliced bananas
- Maraschino Cherries
- Sweetened Coconut flakes
- Crushed Cookies pieces
- An assortment of your favorite candy bars, cut into small pieces
- Caramel sauce
- Hot Fudge
Hope this inspired you to host your own ice cream social!
A big thanks to my model, Aleah for participating in this inspiration shoot! My payment to her was she got to eat the ice cream with all the fixings!
-Photos and styling by Rose Angel Lopez
You may also like:
2 Comments on “END OF SUMMER ICE CREAM SOCIAL INSPIRATION”
Leave a Reply
Creator and Founder, Rose Angel Lopez dedicates this lifestyle blog, 'the noted', to all of her favorite things from decorating and entertaining ideas, to stylish living, fashion trends and behind-the-scene snippets in her studio.
Read more >>
Life: MY BIRTHDAY WISH…July 25, 2017
2 WAYS TO ARRANGE YOUR HYDRANGEAS TO DISPLAY BOTH INDOORS AND OUTJuly 19, 2017
DIY: HOW TO SET UP A CANDY BUFFETJuly 18, 2017
Semi-Homemade Recipe: HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRIES & CREAM-FILLED CROISSANTJuly 17, 2017
Summer Table Setting Inspiration: HOW TO CREATE A CUTE ‘PINEAPPLE & FLAMINGO’ TROPICAL TABLETOP FOR KIDSJuly 5, 2017
Date Night On The Deck: GET YOUR OUTDOOR MOVIE NIGHT POPPINJune 27, 2017